The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone, am new to this site...

i have a set of Marzocchi Monster T that i ideally want to swap for some lighter weight, long travel single crown forks, however i have had a guy messaging me asking how much i'd sell them for but i don't know what to ask for them

Attachments

• p4pb6908511.jpg
    p4pb6908511.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,010
  • p4pb6908516.jpg
    p4pb6908516.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,010
  • p4pb6908545.jpg
    p4pb6908545.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 1,010
  • p4pb6908534.jpg
    p4pb6908534.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,010
Hi I have a pre 2000 santa cruz super 8 with the following spec, what do you think it s worth? whole bike and frame forks? its been raced for the past 10yrs and has the associated wera and tear. will add some pics later! cheers.

Frame: Black Medium Super 8
Forks: Marzocchi Monster T
Headset: Chris King
Stem: Azonic Stubby (I Think)
Bars: Azonic chubby
Brakes: Hope C2
Cranks: AC forged
Chain Guide: MRP
Seatpost: Roox
Wheels: Mavic D321 Disc on hope hubs
Tyres: Tioga DH
Rear mech: shimano XTR with rapid fire shifter
Bottom Bracket: ?

TallTony":1lsthwr2 said:
I have a 1997 Marin Mount Vision frameset, size 17.5".

Its in great condition, not particulary abused, and comes with the following:

Manitou SX-R forks
Diacompe Headset
Marin seatpost
XT BB

The bike was a US import, bought from Chevin Cycles in January '98. The key difference between this and the UK bike is that the shock is a Noleen coil unit (great condition) plus the swingarm is orange.

The forks are not in great condition, fit for paperweights really as the bushings are worn and the elastomers somewhat degraded. BB and headset are lovely though.

Frame headset and seatpost £80-120 depending on overall condition. More like the higher end with the shock.

JayTom20":2w3g87vl said:

i have a set of Marzocchi Monster T that i ideally want to swap for some lighter weight, long travel single crown forks, however i have had a guy messaging me asking how much i'd sell them for but i don't know what to ask for them

Not the same ones but pair sold here for £120. http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ht=monster

Imagine something similar for yours.

Note: found another as well sold for £120:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ht=monster

coomber":krrco2qo said:
JayTom20":krrco2qo said:

Not the same ones but pair sold here for £120.

thank you for those links, i had to snip them as ive not made enough posts yet :roll: you know both of them have the stickers removed, have been polished and don't have the original adjusters, does that affect the price much? mine are more "original" rather than modified like those, which in my eyes makes them more valuable :?:

JayTom20":1yewp7ri said:
coomber":1yewp7ri said:
JayTom20":1yewp7ri said:

Not the same ones but pair sold here for £120.

thank you for those links, i had to snip them as ive not made enough posts yet :roll: you know both of them have the stickers removed, have been polished and don't have the original adjusters, does that affect the price much? mine are more "original" rather than modified like those, which in my eyes makes them more valuable :?:

Yeah I see they have. Not sure how much it would effect value to be honest. Yours probably worth a bit more, but your not likely to be talking much. Maybe another £10-20?

I know I'm not going to retire on this but any ideas on value on this?

DSC00204.jpg

It's a 19" Muddy Fox Challenger Mega, NOS but has a few scrapes and chips from storage. Other than that it's a lovely glittery purple. Not sure on tubing but it's no lightweight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back