Scrapheap challenge

Been there and done that too many times, the amount of junk thats passed through my paws is ridiculous. Unless your local tip is like the treasure trove that LeGrandfromage has at hand I'd suggest not bothering. The bikes that routinely end up at the tip are the BSO gas pipe specials that are only fit for recycling ;)

my tip used to be great for bikes until health and stupidity loomed
cant get anything out of there now
was a really nice d/b apex in there last week all lx lovelyness
was 2 choppers about a month ago

they go to the fife bike charity thing , where a grumpy bloke will try to sell you something that you dont really want " i like that one " "this ones
better" etc , then when you ask how much? he replies that it will be up to
the comittee to decide prices at the end of the month , so come back in 3 weeks

no dont think i'll bother

idiot

I'm afraid Renfrew council have put a stop to any of that. The Renfrew tip has cctv and the guys who work there are under threat of the sack if anything gets taken out. I believe Erskine is the same. Don't know about Underwood Rd but I would think that would be similar.

I'm only 2 min from the Renfrew dump. I've had tellys and lawmowers etc over the years. My mum still uses a 23 inch Matsui tv which I got in mint condition with remote. It was dumped cause the owner thought it had a funny smell !

I talked to the guys at our local 'recycling' centre,this is what they told me..
The council is preventing anyone from taking the 'recyclables' because they receive money for them,to take is to steal money from the councils pocket and they'll prosecute you for it

For instance -a bike that has nothing wrong with it other than to have sat in a cellar or garage unloved.this could easily be put right and sold on for 1000x what the council will receive for it.
Furniture too.Even though perfectly usable tables chairs etc[not fabric goods]these will be crushed and added to recycled timber,doesnt matter if its 100 year old rosewood cabinet in the crusher it goes.

Health and safety my arse :evil:

Back