new hope pedals hmmmm

cyfa2809":1wyypjj4 said:
I mean they are the go to brand for many people.

In the UK yes - I am sure you are right.

But in mainland Europe Hope can be pretty invisible. In my part of Denmark, I've only ever seen some floating rotors on anyone other than my own bike - but no brakes, hubs, headsets or anything. Tune and KCNC have Hope's segment pretty sewn up (with bad stitching IMHO).

I'm currently selling it as a niche product, believe it or not. Just sold the first set of brakes yesterday (replacing a pair of seized Hayes Ryde) - and expect the guy to be blown away by them when he picks up the bike tomorrow. Nobody has really heard of Hope here though, TBH.

Wow im truly shocked at that. You wouldve thought being on bikes that are world cup level theyd reach pretty far and wide :shock:

Diluting the brand?

Not really - when they start knocking out crap then maybe start worrying - if the quality's there what's the problem?

It's their brand per se and a logical progresion.

Unlike most other companies hope don't rush products out just because there is a demand and they can sling a lump of alloy in the cnc machine. If you think about it flat pedals have been an in demand for 15 odd years now!

Hope in the big scheme of things are still a small independent company actually making their own stuff in their home country (SOPWAMTOS!) they have had a crank on the to list for ages along with their integrated freehub/cassette and i'm sure lots more its finding time resources amd the like to get it done ?(properly) while satisfying demand for existing products.

dbmtb":2uc1geb7 said:
Just sold the first set of brakes yesterday (replacing a pair of seized Hayes Ryde) - and expect the guy to be blown away by them when he picks up the bike tomorrow.

Pics please or it did'nt happen ;)

Good progession, cranks next I hope. If they keep them home grown and keep the quality and customer service high then good on them.

It can only help the rest of the UK bike industry in the long run, and although they probably churn out a lot of parts you can hardly call them a monopoly when compared to Shimano/Campag & Sram. Embrace success especially if it is home grown.

Im not a fan of the half finished cnc look as thats all they are rough machined then anodised i know if hope have made them the quaility will be there but can they please finish machining them before anodising and shipping them out. :D :D

If they do some cranks id love a lookie as long as they done just half machine them like the brakes and pedals :oops:

giant-one":3kdqh5ck said:
Yummy yummy, want some. They should be on sale early next year but bet you won't get much change from £70 though?

They charge £70 for their XC stem
Expect £99-£130 :?

Back