Brake biased? Mind Job?

Not watched your vid but that is a boring looking downhill really. Might be steep but nothing entertaining about it.

Completely dependent on the rider. Riding style, rider weight, type of bike.

I can get away with a fair bit of back brake on downhill as I don't weigh much, a heavier rider would lock up with the same style. I quite enjoy a bit of skidding as well, I'm a bit of a kid that way :D

And if you are into it it's a great feeling getting the back to skid around a corner instead of just steering.

Raging_Bulls":mcgbyaif said:
There is no optimal brake bias when on two wheels. In the wet it is best to rely mainly on the rear brake, as it's a lot harder to catch a sliding front wheel.
In the dry I mainly use the front.

When braking on the limit, it's a bit different.

On wet roads or loose surfaces I'll lock up the rear and judge how hard I can apply the front whilst keeping sufficient traction on it.
On dry roads I use the front so hard that the rear wheel is just about to start floating, then apply a minimal amount of rear brake to stabilize the back end.

The bulls rung the bell for me, though i do have the rear lever on me right side . I like the advantage of any nice soft/moving downhills by performing multi rear wheel slides, not solely because i'm a big kid but also to get more of an insight to characteristics that may aid me in them suprise moments. I do a cheaper stunt with the little wet ridge formed on nearly all canalsides (where the beaten path meets the unbeaten path) when it's been raining by purposefully riding along it at a bit of speed and grafting it till the rear wheel falls off (hard-packed ridge edge/front wheel offset) i figure having me weight and body shape put the wheel back on the ridge without useing any brakes may be useful for them moments when touching any brakes would not end well. Bit mamby-pamby but cheap (get 30 rear wheel fall-aways within some 2 mile stretches) plentiful and easilly fused into me memorybank.

BertR00t":33mbzxac said:
Not watched your vid but that is a boring looking downhill really. Might be steep but nothing entertaining about it.

I don't know about that, looks similar to a lot of play areas I had a lot of fun in back in my BMX days.

Guess it depends on your style, or imagination.

Back