My Bontrager

Bob Fossil

Old School Hero
Dont know if its old enough to be old skool/ retro yet? Its 10 years old this year. I bought it brand new and have cherished it since. (Its in the loft dont use it anymore, it still looks like new)I have a few more bike so lost interest in it .Wish I could have afforded the titanium one back then. Anyway your opinions are welcome. :)

P7120328-2.jpg

P7120331-1.jpg

P7120319-1.jpg

'(Its in the loft dont use it anymore, it still looks like new)I have a few more bike so lost interest in it'

Well if you ever want the space back in the loft you could always give it to me !! :cool:

Nice bike though !

Is this the one for sale on STW a while back ??
It was an absolute bargain and I'm surprised nobody snapped your hand off, it's in timewarp nick and IMO the best colours Bonty ever did...
Messed up in 98 by buying a Klein instead of one of these :oops: If you ever think of passing it on, give me a shout...

dekerfintheshed":1npba9nz said:
It was an absolute bargain and I'm surprised nobody snapped your hand off, it's in timewarp nick and IMO the best colours Bonty ever did...
Messed up in 98 by buying a Klein instead of one of these :oops: If you ever think of passing it on, give me a shout...

Yeah this is the same one. Thanks for the kind words. Every now and then I get bored of it. I was only asking £450.00 for it, which I thought was more than fair. With the benefit of hindsight perhaps its fated that I keep it. I liked the black/red/yellow colour combo myself and of course the Titanium one which I loved! This is the privateer 's' it cost £999.00 ten years ago! It took me a long time to pay off! I recently bought a new Specialized Stumpjumper comp H/T, and I have a new road bike too, I haven't used the Bontrager in anger for two years now :oops:

Still got the handbook, receipt, and mint condition brochure with that seasons line up. :cool:

If I do decide to move it on I will look you up :)

Isn't that Pilot a bit long for it? I thought for a moment that the brake booster was a part of a Judy SL - I think it might be worth more with a Judy SL on it than the Pilot, even though the Pilot is so much more capable!

If you've got a good modern bike as well, maybe best not to make the retro bike as modern as possible, because it still won't be quite as capable and you'll never really want to take it out. Whereas if it's fully retro and different in character, there are times when you're in a retro frame of mind or it's a retro kind of occasion, and then it will actually get ridden.

dekerfintheshed":7les9kj7 said:

Yeah i thought it looked familiar. Nice bike :cool:

Back