My found by accident Specialized Hard Rock 1991 (minter)

pro"yellow sponge&":wsqwfvi6 said:
Very nice, iam a fan of standard "from the factory" bikes. Any other gems in those sheds :)

As you mention it, theres a 1970's Moulton Midi, in need of lots of love, I confused on this one as I know the Midi's go for a hefty sum but I think I heard somewhere that the later 70's ones had a reputation for frames breaking and hence are not worth nearly so much, I'm still looking in to this.

Plus my next project an early 1980's(I think) Classic Touring bike 27 inch wheels, friction shifters on the head tube, drop bars. Keeping that one standard will be a challenge due to parts supply as will modernising due to finding parts that will actually fit. I'm yet to fully strip & assess yet but on initial inspection the frame is sound and the gears work.. will be on a very tight budget on that one

Re: mudguards

samsbike":1520lken said:
What mudguards have you fitted and where are they from

thanks

sam

Mud guards are Armadillo, cost me £10.50 from our local store, they are available online

Having taken this for 14 miles off road last week I decided very quickly that rigid forks are a problem, after fighting with myself over wether to leave it original or change the forks, I just purchased from a very nice chap these for a fiver which should be in keeping with the style/age of the bike, what do people think?

Attachments

• forks.jpg
    forks.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 2,721
forks received and fitted personally I love it......just a new longer cable for the front brake and cable stop required

Attachments

• forksfitted.jpg
    forksfitted.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 915
Getting those brakes to work with that fork is going to be a problem, the forks are designed for v-brakes and not canti brakes. You'll need to do some serious bodging to get them to work and not be dangerous. For the added weight and the poor performance that they will offer I would ditch them and get the rigids back on. If you want comfort go for a bigger tyre on rather than cheap and dangerous forks.

Retroman666":1vfiin2c said:
forks received and fitted personally I love it......just a new longer cable for the front brake and cable stop required

You might think I'm an ass....but you're going to get yourself hurt running that fork.

Listen to Pete McC go back to the rigid fork.

Latest posts

Back