Townsend Aardvark

You could do much worse than that.
It's got alloy rims and a 3 piece crank. I'd much rather have that then my first 'mountain' bike.

It's nice.

Rampage":1hre5dxa said:
You could do much worse than that.
It's got alloy rims and a 3 piece crank. I'd much rather have that then my first 'mountain' bike.

It's nice.

no, no, and no it isnt.

Don't worry Kwacky, they're just jealous. ;)

In all fairness, it can indeed be a good shopping bike and will probably go on forever with minor maintenance, but I really wouldn't expect much in terms of performance.
Put some fenders, a kickstand and a rack (with or without panniers) on it, and it'll do just fine.

And for the record, I think it looks nice. No sarcasm here, I'd buy it myself for those quick shopping trips.

All jokes aside i thought i`d take it out today for a laugh to some local trail`s , 4 foot drop off`s fair bit of steep downhill a few doubles plenty of mud, guess what the bike is still in one piece don`t know about my arm`s and leg`s though. :eek:

I saw this Aardvark and was compelled to join the forum!

I took one of these around Glentress Red at the weekend and uphill is a slog but it was properly fun on the downhill!

I usually ride a full suss' Commencal Meta 55 and this blew it away for fun..Good buy!

Great for a freebie, cant knock something thats Gratis, but there is one thing i would change?

That Inner tube valve is at a weird angle!!!!! sort it out!!!, and then enjoy many happy hours on this beast, or rather your other half enjoy it :D

Owning a cheapy bike or BSO is like playing the Penny Slot Machines at the Costal Fun Fairs, you dont need Big Bucks to have hours of fun..............

;)

Back