My carbon RR bike.

Well...

if anyone has old issues of the 'comic' from the early 90's and can maybe locate the original advert for this frame, would love to find out more.

I think it was being brought in by 'British Eagle' bikes?

I'll probably change the transfers to a set of 'Alan' ones.

It is very nice. Did it have the Colnago decals on from new? British Eagle did have a carbon tubed frame in their range. In fact, I'm sure I've seen a photo of Adrian Timmis riding one on his website. Must have another look ;)

I had one of those for a while.I think British Eagle sourced them from Donnay,the same firm that makes tennis rackets.Shortly after buying mine I put it up against an Alan super carbonio frame,they were identical,same lugs,fork ends,forks and fittings . Only difference was the lack of any Alan markings on the front lugs and fork crown,on the donnay.This led me to the conclusion that either Donnay were getting them from Alan, or they were building them under license.Anyway, get rid of those bogus Colnago decals and put some proper Alan decals on :D

Stunning looking machine. Looks like a real road weapon.

I currently have my 531 Raleigh in the same colour scheme; black and polished alloy and the same saddle - good choice ;). It's so understated the bike just slips into the background and I don't worry any where near as much when I leave it chained up.

Thanks for the praise guys...never raced in anger as that was the custom Brian Rourkes' job...piccies later.

Did all mt TT'ing and duathlons on it though.

New frame stickers on order soon.

Recent changes have been:-

1.changed the USE in-line seatpost for a Campy 25.0mm...how much!

2.new drop bars from Holland.

3.swapped the Mavic qr's for a set of X-Lite titanium bolt throughs.

And to lose a little weight, out with the heavy Mavic bbk and in with a Stronglight titanium unit.

Back