Bristol - Ashton Court & Leigh Woods Aftermath

DeletedUser006

Old School Grand Master
What a great day, A really good turnout of people and bikes, Was a bit of a logistical nightmare with the Kite fest on and am glad Jimbo-xc found us in the end.

Thanks to Mark Agency_Scum for the super organised 2nd half of the ride through Leigh Woods, cant wait for the next one :cool:

The weather was superb today, 1st section was through Ashton Court's new trails which were fast and flowing, second half was over Leigh Woods through the original Agency Scum trails with some of the new to be trails,

We had a couple of mechanicals in the usual retrobike fashion :LOL: missing jockey wheel in the woods , Drive train complete explosion and 1 pinch flat on the red route , will name and shame later ;) Special mention to CCE also who managed to fall off his bike whilst stationary and gained a rather impressive bruise to the moob from his bar (it may spell ritchey tomorrow)

I will add some pics up later :cool:

We had 19 riders in total,

Tiboltrider - Pace RC200
Gravy Monster - Saracen Conquest
Totti - Orange Clockwork
Lookback - Orage Clockwork SS
CCE - Kona Kilauea
Agency Scum - Kona Killauea
Spike3 - Orange Evo
Onza100 - Saracen Kili Racer
Hydorah - Shiny British Eagle
Rupeww - Sraracen Trekker UU
The_Duke - Overburys
Jimbo-xc - Diamondback Axis
Flash - Overburys SS
6x Cheesy Riders

Thanks once again to all that made it and hope the distance travelers have a good trip back.

Cheers

James :cool:

i have one 0-mph crash a year, usually while guest or new riders are around

:D

Holy crap what a ton of fun!

Awesome day and a great wind down at the end

Got some pics! Mostly mechanical stuff

Orange pinch flat:

dscf4365.jpg

Duke's Overbury's drive train KABOOM

dscf4366.jpg

The chainring bolts unwound then a while under power gear shift jammed the drive train and broke the chain

We all rallied 'round - and check this out... This is the hand of genius:

dscf4367.jpg

The day is saved!

There was also an upper jockey wheel that escaped from Totti's bike (I believe) that was recovered from the trail somehow!!

Here's a family pic of the steeds of those that went to the boozer:

dscf4369.jpg

Let's get a closer look at the Saracen double U!

dscf4371.jpg

Here's some happy folk chilling:

dscf4370.jpg

And now the money shot! CCE's Ritchey Nipple:

dscf4372.jpg

The cheesy riders were

Alex - Bontrager
Spike - Sunn
John M - On-One Scandal
Jen - Cotic Soul

Jon, the new mechanic from mud dock was there on the beige kona

Miles AKA retrobate on the GT CX bike

I was just having my Tea :LOL:

Great pics there Hydorah, mine have come out all blurry, I will have to restock my box o bolts for next ride, I may even add in a jockey wheel for laughs ;)

002-12.jpg

003-14.jpg

004-17.jpg

005-13.jpg

006-11.jpg

007-12.jpg

011-11.jpg

012-9.jpg

014-9.jpg

Thanks Gravy Monster and Agency Scum for all your hard work! I had a really good day :D Most of my photos were rubbish but here's a few >>>

Attachments

• GM - Too fast!.jpg
    GM - Too fast!.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,451
  • Bristol 2.jpg
    Bristol 2.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 1,451
  • Bristol 1.jpg
    Bristol 1.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 1,451
  • Spanking the monkey.jpg
    Spanking the monkey.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 1,451
>>>

Attachments

• Bristol 5.jpg
    Bristol 5.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 1,442
  • Bristol 4.jpg
    Bristol 4.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 1,442
  • Bristol 3.jpg
    Bristol 3.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,441
First of all big thanks to GravyMonster and agency scum for the guidance and organising of both parts of the ride!
Excellent venue, nice fast tracks and a good turn out thoroughly enjoyed the ride!.

Cheers also to tiboltrider for the lift up to Brizzle too.
Good to meet you all and put faces to usernames at last....
Great pics, the one of me sorting my rear mech out isn't too great though...

I had the route tracked on my phone, so take a look at http://g.co/maps/hgca

Time now for ... Ebay > search > jockey wheels > paypal..

I LOVED it! I super-recced the midday ride so I could enjoy it as much as those behind me without worrying about course details. Imagine my surprise when, after cunningly planning a spare 10 minute loop for a major mechanical, someone had a major mechanical DURING the spare loop. That's when it clicked in me to chill out, turn off the sopwatch and enjoy the ride.
I hoped you liked it.

Agency_Scum":3owjpjs1 said:
I LOVED it! I super-recced the midday ride so I could enjoy it as much as those behind me without worrying about course details. Imagine my surprise when, after cunningly planning a spare 10 minute loop for a major mechanical, someone had a major mechanical DURING the spare loop. That's when it clicked in me to chill out, turn off the sopwatch and enjoy the ride.
I hoped you liked it.

Was tops Mark, will have to sort out another in the coming months (without kites) one of my many hightlights was your telephone conversation whilst stopped at the mechanicals ...... briliant just brilliant :LOL:

Latest posts

Back