Roberts D.o.g.s B.o.l.x

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
This is a fairy tail come true, I never believed I could of owned such a steed but laying a few things on the line some frantic selling of everything that I didnt need and leaving my tax disc at the petrol station the evening before payday when my card bounced i got there in the end :D

The frame and fork has been around with previous owner jez-4-bikes-max and Saltyman who I have purchased it from, I have taken a gamble with the frame size even though its a 17" it has good length top tube that I normally ride.

There is still lots that I will change over time such as Stem, seat post and that damn m900 chainset that has been such a pain in the arse , But here she is all ready for the Peaks next week !! :cool:. Also will have some better wheels sorted for it in time.

Ideally I would like some nice black /amber walls but again will have to wait so the choice is the slippers that are on there now , so green amber walled slippers (I have a fetish ) or modern black 1.95

Apologies for pants photo its with phone as camera battery needs charging

Let me know what you think :cool:

Big thanks to

The mrs for driving 420 miles to collect the frame
Saltman for selling to me
ratcapa for sending me the front mech before receiving payment
Fluffychicken for help with BB issues

Attachments

• IMG00271-20110904-1645 (2).jpg
    IMG00271-20110904-1645 (2).jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,703
  • IMG00270-20110904-1644 (2).jpg
    IMG00270-20110904-1644 (2).jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 1,703
Very nice - remember one drawing the crowds at the Malverns in '92... :cool:

Always good to realise a dream - and then spend a small fortune getting it 'just right...'

Very nice, I would have loved this but the wife wouldn't let me ebay the kids. Good to see its got gears again and will be used as it was meant to be. That stem does look quite long though

Great looking bike, what stem you going for ?

Looking forward to taking it for a spin :D I remember when these first came out , took the mtb world by storm from memory

You can't beat a good steel ride :cool:

A the moment its got a 130mm Zoom the best I have to offer it other than a Club Roost Ibeam :? Think I will go Syncros seatpost & Stem in the end though but all in good time.

Hey no problem. You have been busy ;) Looking good anyway Dave despite not being to your final vision yet, its a thing of beauty and no boubt will look even more stunning with Syncros dripping off it. Hopefully I'll get to see it next weekend :D

Db

Nice one Dave bet you're chuffed! Who cares about a missing inch! (hope the mrs don't read this!) when it's your unicorn?
Hope to see it at the Peaks, if this food poisoning pisses off!

TC

Back