Bridgestone MB1 score! Updated Pics 05-29-12

Black anodizing from the XT cranks GONE!!

And what a freakin PIA it was... :? Good old fashioned elbow grease. 500, 1000, 1500 and finally 2000 sandpaper... Then some metal polish to finish the job off properly.

Many thanks for the polishing tips kermitgreenkona88 and Loki. It was on my mind to get these cleaned up, but I had only acquired the bike a week before the initial pics were taken.

Anywho, the results are simply amazing and now the frame scuffs stand out even more! I just have to remember it is a 23 year old bike. :facepalm:

And yes, currently running 2x6.

BensterSD

Attachments

• MB1 Polished Cranks.jpg
    MB1 Polished Cranks.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 4,444
  • Polsihed Cranks.jpg
    Polsihed Cranks.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 4,444
This thread needs action shots:
IMG_5289.jpg

Ben was nice enough to go slow for the rest of us. Here are some of the bikes that showed up for our group ride. What a great day. I am glad that bike ended up with someone who appreciates it and uses it.
IMG_5268.jpg

IMG_5270.jpg

IMG_5271.jpg

IMG_5297.jpg

Absolutely awesome job on the cranks and if we had told you what a PIA it was going to be would you have done it anyway :?: ;) :LOL:

Oh, I don't know sandmangts...

I seem to recall you leading the pack with your Excelsior :cool: . But thanks for the kind words! Also, many thanks for representing SoCal on this thread.

Whens the next vintage ride?!

BensterSD

I'm jealous - I stupidly bought a 92 Stumpjumper FS instead of a MB-3. That polish job on the crank arms is amazing. Enjoy the bike.

BensterSD":kegepnlk said:
I don't know, I think I'd rather have a Stumpjumper vs. MB3...

Is that crazy?

Just my 2cents.

BensterSD

Depends on the years, a 93 MB3 with Ritchey Logic Supertubing is sweet and may very well be a better rider than pre-Prestige Stumpjumpers. They should handle similarly as they share the same trail although arrived at with different rake and head angles. Both late Stumpy's and late MB3's will be nice IMO.

Back