Well, this has been posted on here a couple of times...

neuroportal

Retro Guru
..but it now belongs to me!

First geared bike in a while, and first bike of this ilk to me. Took for a ride this morning to see how it compares to fixed and loved it. Rides really well. However, not made a massive difference with respects to time and avg speed. Freewheeling is a weird sensation!!

The ride is lovely though. Thanks DA-Evo for the sale and to Tel who, I believe, pieced it together?

New rubinos fitted - btw wiggle had a great offer on, got them for less than 8 quid each. - re-greased bb and headset, trued wheels and chain oil. Runs fantasic.

Just need to find a replacement 600 headset and bb for it as there is rather bad indentations on the upper headrace and ideally need a new bottom bracket as there is some pitting in the cups.

20110903042.jpg

Glad to see it went to a good home and that you are enjoying it.

Hope it serves you well for many years :)

Speaking of freewheeling, I was on the fixed last night and freewheeled without thinking. Was a close call....

Nicely put together bike. Really like the yellow and white, my friend has a Diamant with similar colour scheme.

New rubinos fitted - btw wiggle had a great offer on, got them for less than 8 quid each.

Cheers for the heads up!

Back