Muddy Fox Interactive!

Cooooool response! :D

Be great to see the draft before MF got their hands on it and messed up leverage - you must have old orthographics somewhere, would definitely be interested to see the 'back of an envelope' stage of the design!

Edit: If you're going to get a chance to release anything similar, just be sure to steer clear of this avenue:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=950457

...'nuff said.

MF were going to run with the original design, but decided they wouldn't pay the invoices from Harris Performance Products, which kinda destroyed any working relationship, so they couldn't deliver what the brochure promised.

That's a mind-boggling business strategy isn't it?!!

Can't see the attachment (1994 brochure) on preview. Am I doing something wrong?

Interesting stuff Dave.

Any pics or diagrams of the original prototypes?

This space is sooooooooooo on my radar now.
Bad news they took your baby Dave and screwed with it in the name lack of overheads (and lack of control by the sounds of it!).

Revenge best served cold?

;)

Wow, very interesting, love to see the originals (Harris never turned out a dud in my eyes ;) ), I wonder if any are still out there...

Hope there's something exciting happening here! :cool:

You can see for yourself why the MF design is so bad. The lever ratios from front and rear are a complete mismatch. If the shock has a reasonable response to the forks, it has next to zero compliance to rear wheel impacts!

Presumably this one is one of you prototype designs... taken from the MBUK winter 92 mag...

rts4001.jpg

Dave - you certainly know your stuff. I'm embarrassed by how little of what you wrote i understand

I still think the bike (MF or original version) looks a bit of a pig though. But let's not forget there are people in the world who fancy Anne Robinson - so each to their own.

Stunning bike and although wrongly executed, I love the idea. Curious though if something is about to happen. Would love to take on the challenge otherwise.

The History Man":12qx9fak said:
Suspension like a 2CV!

No, its the the opposite direction of interconnection to that used on the 2CV.

2CV= front wheel up rear wheel down or rear wheel up front wheel down.

Interactive= front wheel up rear wheel up etc.

2CV suspension on a bike would cause pitching problems that the "Interactive" system is specifically designed to eliminate. Though interconnected suspension similar to that of the 2CV was used on the Highpath Toptrail bike design.

Back