RetroBike National Ride Series - Peaks - 10/09/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
well my mate adam was supposed to be coming on the drumlanrig ride but he couldn't get the time off so i said we'd sort another one when he could get the time. also i haven't had a big holiday this year and even though doing scotland cost a fair bit it still was very cheap by comparison with a french roadtrip that i usually do so i can afford this one aswel :D and he's helping with the costs aswel on this one!

:D

The Yorkies and clan MacRetro are camping on one of the campsites in Edale. Which one depends on which campsite will allow such a raggy arsed bunch of naer-do-wells on-site.
We are camping on saturday night but I might be there on friday too.

Si

ededwards":3gur4289 said:
It's an annual highlight it so compelled to attend.

Does anyone have an inch quill stem and some flat bars for an '88 Stumpjumper? Don't have to be special or super condition (the frame has lots of patina) but will complete the build.

I've got a couple of stems Ed, average longish lengths. I'll try and remember to put them in the car - along with some other assorted 'jumbely' stuff!

No bars though, sorry.

Not unless you want some Cinelli 66's.

If you are planning to camp at Laneside in Hope, be aware that it is a 'family' site which won't take bookings from single sex groups.
If you are planning to use it then I suggest booking individually and not mentioning that you are coming as part of a big group ride.

Laneside is very close to the start point and pub for the Saturday evening activities though.

Old Ned":1l1bnhn9 said:
I've got a couple of stems Ed, average longish lengths. I'll try and remember to put them in the car - along with some other assorted 'jumbely' stuff!

Thanks Paul, that would be great.

drystonepaul":2xnc6jt8 said:
If you are planning to camp at Laneside in Hope, be aware that it is a 'family' site which won't take bookings from single sex groups.
If you are planning to use it then I suggest booking individually and not mentioning that you are coming as part of a big group ride.

Laneside is very close to the start point and pub for the Saturday evening activities though.

Looks nice, but no motorbikes?! Makes me very inclined to look elsewhere.

Also no gazebos and no large tents (take note Mr Crumb!).

What's the alternative, Fieldhead? Looks like a much more welcoming place:
http://www.fieldhead-campsite.co.uk/index.html
...and much less likely to chuck us off! :LOL:

Sorry, wrong one, great site but on the other side of a bleedingreat hill!
I think I meant
http://www.edentreecaravanpark.co.uk/
which is less than a mile from the centre of Hope and seems slightly less anti-camping :?

elPedro666":29zln2z1 said:
drystonepaul":29zln2z1 said:

Looks nice, but no motorbikes?! Makes me very inclined to look elsewhere.

Also no gazebos and no large tents (take note Mr Crumb!).

booked it today and stated that it's a five man tent, I think that they will be trigger happy to eject people though if they dont like the noise etc..
...large groups may be better at one of the others ??

National series... Was I asleep when it came to the north east????
No thought not.
Same old same old then.
Just in case you dont get this: No I`m not happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back