TRICKS, VERTS & DOWNHILLS that are plausible, ADD YOURS

no no no no the length of your legs has nothing to do with how high you can bunny hop! thats like saying i could only jump as high as my waist! its all in the technique!

QUARRY VIDEOs

So here is my next VIDEO. This demonstrates that I can also cycle, instead of just typing.

Anyway after MTBing a well dangerous local quarry (Barton Quarry near the Humber Bridge, locals know this to be very tricky), have a look my vids of some downhills.

VID OF ME DOING DOWNHILLS AT BARTON QUARRY

DHiRodeBtmView.JPG

DHiRodeSideView.JPG

(Wasn't in my 1st post, but I've edited it for inclusion.)

Quality time, it has been known, for those who fall off this, needed air lifting to a hospital, in a helicopter. It is tricky all the loose gravel, can't really brake much or hard on it. And the hills are so close to cliffs, hence very high up.

Do those who fall off and need airlifting to hospital, also not wear helmets?

That aside, it looks like a fun place.

For such a fearsome place, you are truly "remarkable" in that you don't even wear a helmet.
To laugh in the face of such danger, as you clearly do, requires great..... stupidity :LOL:

And there was me thinking you'd get airlifted to hospital by boat.

It's a local taboo

Barton Quarry, and it's biggest downhills. It's a local taboo, few do, those that do, many fall off. Most local people say "I'm NOT riding that, it's a ridiculous crusade, to an untimely demise".

The emergency services grew that bored, at airlifting injured quad and/or motocrossers out of there, there now is an instant £2000 fine, to anybody found riding their motorised vehicle there.

So they made it virtually inaccessible for motocrossers, quads and cars.

Nothing to stop MTBers, apart from their fear, that is, good reason.

Anyway, I can ride a bike, instead of typing. Sometimes MTBers spend more time talking about cycling, then actually cycling, and cycling isn't fun for those who fall off, cycling is fun when you make it smooth, and then it's looks easy. Sure many people have "bad days", and some are always good.

Anyway to go off on a tangent, makes me wonder about these air shocks (YES THEY ARE ALOT LIGHTER THEN COIL SHOCKS), when you're out & about riding, and you think this is too SOFT or HARD, "IF":
~ Your airshock is too soft (PRELOAD), it's NOT that convenient to "pump up" your shock is it. Well you alternatively you could put some LOCK ON, and/or negative REBOUND.
~ Your airshock is too hard (PRELOAD), it's NOT that convenient to unscrew your air cap cover, shove your finger in the schrader valve to "let out some air", just to be softer. Well you alternatively you could take off any LOCK ON, and/or positive REBOUND.

Surely a RELEASE AIR BUTTON VALVE & PRESSURE GUAGE on the side of your AIR SHOCKS would be a nice feature. Don't expect them to have an integrated pump though, that would be asking too much.

Now i have only been here about 5 mins, but even i can tell that this bloke is fooking mental!

Mate your threads and to be honest, your website is just plain bizzare,

If i may i would like to comment on them, they give the impression of a bit of a loner constantly trying too hard to fit in with real folk, so you seam to have tried to fit in with the internet instead, by showing us your sword twiddling skills, and various other snippets into your lifestyle, which seams bizzare as most of the photos i saw, looked like you had taken them yourself with a camera on a tripod or something.

And what are these pictures of what looks like a "webcam" girfriend, who may, or may not even know who you are ? :LOL:

And this "talking robot" thing, is that a clothes airer with an alarm clock stuck on the top ?

:LOL:

Anyway folks.......... "HERE GOES"

I can still hear the ringing in my ears of me saying "HERE GOES", at the top of that downhill. Very loose gravel all around, 'n' everything.

The ground wasn't soft, neither was it hard, but all the loose gravel, which was barely visible on the track, was an uneven terrain, for braking and cycling.

By the way if you look forwards of the downhill (Reading into the background), you'll see a landscape that's looks a bit mystical (No I haven't edited footage in from Mortal Kombat, or anything like that). What looks like a peat bog, dense fog or swirling aromatic smoke/stench, is actually loose gravel, which is everywhere, the exception being some soil with bit of foliage growing through it, somehow.

Well anyway, IF YOU WANT INTENTIONAL SARCASM, have a look at a HAYNES CAR MANUAL.

Not that I'm expecting them rewrite (Change) all their manuals (Coz that would take them sometime) into something useful, like (But they should, coz they are utter dross ~ i.e. Completely useless, you know they are).

Perhaps HAYNES could write a manual to be something more, useful, like, perhaps quoting me.

"HERE GOES" this part (Follow either MINOR or MAJOR OVERHAUL instructions).
~ You need to the following TOOLS to do a MINOR OVERHAUL, etc.
or
~ You need to the following TOOLS to do a MAJOR OVERHAUL, etc.

My website, don't think you've really looked at it, some useful stuff, especially the spreadsheets (But you won't know what it is, or what they are, and you'll think it's a waste of time):

MPG autocalc

METRIC autocalc

ELEC GAS WATER autocalc: 1st tab, scroll down

PERCENTAGE autocalc

EXCEL USEFUL FORMULAS

MTB routes in/near Hull, Humberside

FUSEBOX MCB autocalc: 3rd & 4th tab

RING AMP autocalc: 1st tab

TIER 4+ MONEY TYPE

AUTOCALC WEBSITE

MTB INTERACTIVE MAPS & DIRECTIONS (HULL AREA). Been busy

Hi folks, I have been busy with computer tricks, check out this 1 file interactive map:

MTB INTERACTIVE MAP, ROUTE MAPS & DIRECTIONS (HULL AREA)
www.srands.co.uk/map

MTB DIRECTIONS (HULL AREA)
www.srands.co.uk/mtb_routes_hull

FULL DETAILS BELOW of CYCLE / BIKE / ROAD / MOUNTAIN BIKE MAPs in/near HULL, HUMBERSIDE:

A list of all local MOUNTAIN BIKE routes and BMX/SKATE parks, are at the bottom of the main map, with interactive links: Focus in on Route Start/Park Area, Route Map or Route Directions. Maps & Directions, are also listed in numbered pages and bookmarks, for browsing.

What with Blackberry & Android mobile phones getting more & more popular, then a 1 file version overall map, would be really useful when you're out & about, and want to know where is fun stuff to ride your MTB.

NOTES:
:cool: The directions include photo/map hyperlinks, which when selected will prompt for internet connection. :D
:eek: If I make any revisions to the interactive map, I might rate more of the local BMX parks, suggestions welcome from HUMBERSIDE and/or LINCOLNSHIRE. :?

Alternatively for people who don't like maps, and prefer just directions, this is attached to the PDF file also, click the attachment symbol in the PDF map (Btm L/H corner, then dbl left click the mtb_routes_hull.htm file) to see my MTB ROUTES in/near HULL:
http://www.srands.co.uk/mtb_routes_hull.htm

Back