RetroBike National Ride Series - Peaks - 10/09/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Atkin":rqv189mm said:
By the way, that climb up to the mast is horrible. I walked up most of the road and bits of the track too. Steep AND long!! The RetroWalk begins straight away. :)

That's the best bit!

:D

mrkawasaki":24a5sxos said:
Today was not entirely without incident - DSP did crash, rather unspectacularly mind, during an intensive WI bitching session from Mam Tor to Hollins Cross and the Cunningdale decided to spit out the rear axle as I 'powered' my way up the first road climb. Other than than, a groovy ride in spectacular conditions - hope it holds for next week.

I thought you were going to tell everyone it was because I'd reached 45mph and the grease evaporated in my hub, seizing up the front wheel as I landed a 60 foot radical to the core of gnar double huck...?

In truth I was so busy chatting away about how great the riding was that I got caught out by the edge of a 1 inch high rut hiding in the grass.
I wasn't paying attention and the awesome lack of grip afforded by a Dart ended up slam dunking me onto the grassy ground.
Mr K was clearly concerned. I could tell by the hearty belly laughs.
Fortunately there were only a few dozen paragliders overhead to witness my epic fail.

My hip and arse is a bit sore today from the body to ground interface.
More importantly my bike and pride survived unscathed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back