GT I-Drive disassembling - Help

chimp007_uk

Dirt Disciple
I have a 99 GT XCR 1000 STS, been using it all summer but on my last couple of outings it's developed play in the I-Drive. It doesn't knock, but when you pedal, you can feel the movement.
When on a stand you can get a couple of mm play by putting some force on the cranks.

Not having had an I-Drive bike before, is this something simple or likely to be bearings? I've replaced the 3 retaining screws and they are tight. I did notice that there's 3 other threaded holes, are they meant to be used?

Is there a service manual for striping one of these?

Have read this recent thread and the replies (http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=163069) but I've replaced the shock bushes and the dogbone is tight and doesnt appear to have play.

Any help appreciated! Due to the age of the bike I want to fix this before it gets worse and expensive!

Cheers
Chris

The whole eccentric unit screws together, maybe it not done up tight enough? Or the bearings have gone?

cyfa2809":m7b0nii7 said:
The whole eccentric unit screws together, maybe it not done up tight enough? Or the bearings have gone?

Apologies for my ignorance!!

Other than the 3 m4 screws on the outside, is there anything else holding it all together? I know absolutely nothing about how it assembles etc.

Latest posts

Back