Australian Events and Rides - Melbourne, VIC

skinnyboy":2trux63s said:
We need to start arranging a proper mission over there say late oct early nov.

Well you guys start discussing it on your semi regular rides and see if you can get some dates together.

There's plenty of rides to choose from down here so selecting suitable routes etc is the easy part.

Anybody up for a ride this weekend? Perhaps Lysterfields on Sunday?

Skinny, you gonna bring the Marin out at last?

I was just going to write a similar post but suggesting next weekend...This Sunday is fathers day so no can do...

I reckon next weekend should be a goer, since i am a bastard and have no kin haha this sunday is ok too but I would rather make it next weekend so we can all get out.

Mark, the Marin is awaiting some Dukes or Pyslos' which ever get here first, and the stuff I ordered from CRC which should be here this week or Monday I reckon, I'll give you a call when it comes in.

So how about we organsise for next Sunday, since you dads would have done your farzerly duties and built up some dad points to trade in for a day out with the lads. Any preference on location? The You Yangs are good but no facilities, Lysty is getting better and has good cake...

Should be a starter for next Sunday. Rutsterfield or Youies, fine with me. Should be able to swing either. Woodend could be an option also. Slow would have a short commute to there... if he's not down our way on a recon mission... ;)

Can't see myself bringing a retro rig this time though. :oops: Really want to give the SS a run or maybe pop the cherry on the MC Fury...

Forgot about father's day! Next sunday is good for me tho

And now you've put the SS idea in my head Arran I may well be doing that if we're at Lysterfields, don't think I could manage it at the youies to be honest!

Wombat could be a goer and that makes it easier for Luban to get out too.

http://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/wombat-track.html

http://woodendcycles.com.au/wombattrack.htm

errr, the black squiggly bit on this map

Woodend%20Loop_3%20Dec%202006_01.jpg

No recon missions planned for the next couple of weeks Arran :LOL:

I'd be up for a ride anywhere this side of Melbourne for sure.. Haven't tried Woodend but the reviews sound promising.

Back