Wanted: Small-ish Touring Bike/Frame

lstar24

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

I'm looking for a touring bike/frame for my girlfriend who is about 5'7" so around 51-54cm. I check this forum, CTC, lfgss and ebay everyday but it's proving very difficult! Here are the requirements...

- 51-54cm frame
- Reynolds 531 or similar steel
- Cantilever braze-ons
- 700c
- Horizontal dropouts, as it will be converted to single speed to start with
- Condition is not important as it will be re-sprayed and re-decaled.

Thanks in advance,
Luke

Hi Luke,

I have a couple of old frames that i have just stripped down, they were used by my wife and me and we are both around 5'7 so should be alright on size. One is a

Handbuilt cyclo cross frame(90s era), by Lynx cycles which was Wolvehampton way. The tubing is reynolds 531 Competion with Campagnolo dropouts. The frame is a 54cm with cantilever braze-ons but does not have mudguard eyes.

The other is

A Holdsworth(prob mid-late 80's) which is a 56(however was my wife's who is 5'7.) It has 531c tubing, has mudguard eyes and cantilever braze-ons.

Out of the two the Lynx is proberbly the best out the two it also has chrome drops and rear stays.

Haven't got a clue on what either are worth, if your interested I'm sure we can come to a deal :D :D

Let us know if you want more info or pics,
Cheers
Craig

lstar24":12dbgbbo said:
Hi,

I'm looking for a touring bike/frame for my girlfriend who is about 5'7" so around 51-54cm. I check this forum, CTC, lfgss and ebay everyday but it's proving very difficult! Here are the requirements...

- 51-54cm frame
- Reynolds 531 or similar steel
- Cantilever braze-ons
- 700c
- Horizontal dropouts, as it will be converted to single speed to start with
- Condition is not important as it will be re-sprayed and re-decaled.

Thanks in advance,
Luke

Latest posts

Back