29er by FTW with a Kilo fork as icing on the cake

White Industries New hubs, ZTR rims, double butted spokes, tubeless tires. Need to make some money first, tho....

That's one really nice looking bike, just needs a bit more colour IMO.
The forks?! :shock:
more info please :D
I'm intrigued.

How do the Forks ride, i just found them on another site yesterday, and then saw this thread. As a owner of a pair of well thrashed AMP f4's im very interested in this type. I recently bought a hybrid 29er with telescopic forks on, and im not that impressed by them. Heavy for one. these Kilo's are serious dollars tho

Sorry 4 not answering before... The Kilo forks are really, really light. this is the heaviest model, with sturdier shock, v brake bosses and collars, and remote lockout lever, and it tips the scales at 1350 grams. The lightests version with carbon legs is below 1100 grams.

It rides really well, provided you allow a period of 20-25 hours to break in the shock. At the beginning it was quite harsh, while now it absorbs much more smoothly. A nice feature is that the parallelogram hinders diving under braking, an advantage in itself, but it takes some time to get accustomed: the angle closes less when you turn so steering is more controllable but less quick, even if weight distribution is better because your body weigt isn't shifted forward as you brake. Another thing, it doesn't bob while climbing, unless you sprint: the lockout lever is totally useless(even because it's not a real lockout; it's a device which exagerates damping, so the fork compresses but returns to its original position really slowly)

It's still an xc fork, wit 90 mm travel, so if you want plush, German Answer also makes the XCITE, a really light telescopic fork with 36 mm legs and a choice of 100, 120, 160 travel.

I love the looks of it for the same reason somebody might hate it.

Back