U.S.E Sub fork & wheel

Interesting and interested - what year(s) were these first available and what type of suspension adjusted frame would they fit I wonder??

i have ridden these, the one i rode was 100mm travel, and it seemed to work pretty good, i rode it xc in the new forest and also a day in the alps. it was on a giant VT that belonged to the then Giant rep.

the anti dive thing did work, to a point, the fork is not supposed to compress under braking so that it still has some travel if it hits a bump while under braking, but i found that on a full suss the rear end extended, sort of like an ejector seat!!

so i reckon these are better for hard tails than full suss bikes but that is just my opinion.

also, don't go too big on the rotor size, a 200mm rotor will make the fork twist under heavy braking and therefore steer to the left.

What a mahoosive pain in the ass!! I've always wanted one of these and now it comes up when I'm skint! I wonder if he does 0% finance....

i would suggest something aluminium, it's quite a chunky piece of kit and i think it would look a bit wrong on a steel frame.

maybe something british as it's a british product, not many options really in aluminium, an early 2000 orange e8 maybe? think that's what they called it, the most recent aluminium race frame they did anyway, it was a sort of polished/brushed finish.

Looks good on a ti softail for example!

NIce forks, though mine are being fixed at the moment as I fubar'ed the linkage in a crash :oops: I suspect it would've damaged any set of forks though - front wheel caught in a rut, and then my bodyweight hitting the bike sideways!

Back