The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

Jacob's Ladder route :shock: :twisted:
I'll push :LOL:

I'm staying off suspensionless bikes for a while as trying to get my right wrist sorted and no it's not that reason before anyone starts. :roll:

Got an MRI next week with a view to having an op.
It was painfull after Drumlanrig so will be on my five till its sorted me thinks.

Here are some of those guidebooks I was talking about:

guidebooks01.jpg

These ones were published between 1991 and 1993.

guidebooks02.jpg

The one on the left is from 1991/92 and on the right from 1997.

guidebooks03.jpg

And here is the Jacobs Ladder route from the 91/92 'Mountain Bike Guide'

I think this book is the one I'd want to work my way through.

drystonepaul":aleiz980 said:
Here are some of those guidebooks I was talking about:

And here is the Jacobs Ladder route from the 91/92 'Mountain Bike Guide'

I think this book is the one I'd want to work my way through.

I was bought that book when I lived near Chesterfield, just before I moved away to uni, so never did get to go through it, would be cool to do the routes on my Avalanche using the actual wheels I still have though.

I've got one for the North Dales that I would love to work through but it is a little bit newer than those classic ones. :D

drystonepaul":gw4irooz said:
Anyone fancy another attempt at the Ribblehead-Dentdale ride later on in September?

I would like aswell, but need firm dates so I can arrange time off, two of a six man team off sick at the moment.

elPedro666":15rt69y5 said:
That Jacob's ladder route seems to be backwards to me, sure it's much better the other way round!

Na its the right way round as you have to descend chapel gate :cool: Ive ridden that route a few time with Mrlee over the years.

kaya":yjt2ui6w said:
elPedro666":yjt2ui6w said:
That Jacob's ladder route seems to be backwards to me, sure it's much better the other way round!

Na its the right way round as you have to descend chapel gate :cool: Ive ridden that route a few time with Mrlee over the years.

Afraid that Chapel Gate had been brutalised by JCBs the last time I was up there :cry: Not all the way up, but they had made quite a mess of it :(

Back