Identifying Giant World Cup, and fork thoughts

cool thanks na i dont want to sell it but i bought it for cheap i know i got a good deal but was wondering just how much of a good deal lol :D

CK3119":vuacp5re said:
cool thanks na i dont want to sell it but i bought it for cheap i know i got a good deal but was wondering just how much of a good deal lol :D

Well if you know you got it cheap it must be at least a resonably good deal :D

Sorry i cant help with value, and welcome. You've come to the right place!

I'm almost 100% sure the frame's from 1999, I worked with a guy who had one of these and he bought it from new it was 1999, but it could have been a bike from a year before. They were about £350 new I believe as they're replica team bikes. I recognise the decals on the top tube, I think they came with yellow RST 381's as standard.

hello
i do believe i had a bike like this when it was brand new.
think it was 1998.
the standard spec was somethink like
esp 5.0 shifters and rear mech
rst 281 forks

giant did a top of the range one in carbon fibre, this was the cheaper look alike, i remember paying £350 for it :D

think i got a picture of it somewhere

matt :)

Re:

I had this bike from new in the late 90's

I was about 13 and had saved my pennies hard to reach £350.

It had RST281 forks as standard. As mentioned it had ESP5.0 kit on it.

It's actually a special edition Giant Boulder Alu-lux (I think it was called). Basically the aluminium Boulder with a special paint job. It's sadly not something very special but good for a 13 year old :)

I remember lusting after a Scott comp racing at the time. I remember this bike and the Scott being in a massive group test/best of in MBR magazine, I would look at the pictures regularly! This was the coolest looking thing I could afford in my eyes.

The green Kenda tyres were standard and wore out quickly. I think I remember in the group test MBR saying that the Giant Team World Cup won the blow out competition!

The top tube sticker set (with the sponsor) is the same (similar) one as used on the top of the line MCM(?) team frame from around 98/99/00/01

Back