RetroBike National Ride Series - Peaks - 10/09/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
peaks

considering what we put up with on the blue man ride last saturday.....the peaks ought be to somewhat arid! these parts drain quick and there's mucho time til the ride.

DSP and the gang will get us all round ok ;)

I'll be the one with mudguards and white jeans (Ideally would like that bike back too!)

dscn1776_172.jpg

legrandefromage":3e4t7exj said:
I'll be the one with mudguards and white jeans (Ideally would like that bike back too!)

dscn1776_172.jpg

Why oh why is that picture making me want to buy some mudguards for my GT? It looks so good!!

drystonepaul":2n1v3nm1 said:
Don't worry, that's Gus in the second photo.
He considers riding downhill to be ungentlemanly.

I have the same feelings about riding uphill. Most uncouth. :-D

ededwards":qj1x2g71 said:
I see that my almost compass like directional sense is getting it's usual level of respect (although how quickly Farmer forgets, I had to nurse him round HoNC one year and in the 2007 Peaks Ride I recall having to 'motivate' him away from a quivering lower lip).

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Ed

Don't worry Ed, I've discovered wine gums is all it takes to motivate Wu up the hills. That and carrying his spare socks and pedalling away so he has to chase you down to get them back.

makster":2530lobd said:
jonnyboy666":2530lobd said:
got the time sorted i think, riding buddy sorted aswel, just need to confirm some accomodation as it'll be another jonnyboy roadtrip! :D :D

Room in the van for one more??

hey buddy, me and adam are doing a 5 day roadtrip, leaving on the friday, i think heathy was going up on the saturday morning though but i haven't spoken to him for a while so i'm not sure if thats still the case, worth a pm though.

:)

i am booked in at the woodbine cafe for friday and saturday night, which is perfect for the ride start! :D nice lie in before the torture of those mountains!

The descent of which Rob speaks is fine. If it's a bit slippy just follow my super skilled descending example.

edwards_school_of_dh_145.jpg

Should be there too.

Will bring along some swag, have stock of Endura kit, hoodies, mugs etc. If anyone wants anything in particular please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back