Bristol Ride Sunday 4th Sept -** Important update Page 7**

I went up to Ashton Court yesterday again and even after the all rain & downpours I still came home with only a few splatters, The rain does not seem effect the conditions at Ashton Court, Some of the trails have worn in places but nothing that worry any retrobikers :LOL: Leigh woods maybe slightly different ;)

I know agency_scum has been to Leigh Woods today and he seems very excited :), he has also recommended an ale house for lunch which will involve a quick ride over Brunel's famous Suspension bridge, if anyone wants to go proper retro and avoid the "suspension" and go fully rigid then it a long way round :LOL:

Should be a good picture opportunity at the Bridge :cool:

Full recce of Leigh Woods and trail pixie™ work started today. IT LOOKS GOOD. I can weave old " Stealth Network " and new man-made trails together in at least an hour long, unrepeated ride. There's a VERY good pub ( the Portcullis ) to go to after with pretty good security ( due to layout and location ) and I'll have a BIG cable and D lock to use.

Decided to recce the trail today and give the Overbury's a blast in anger.

Cycled the 10 miles to AC from my house. Took a 5 minute breather at the Golf centre before glancing down and noticing my (stand in) front hope hub had failed at the flange!!!

I limped home the 10 miles no wiser on the trail or the bike :LOL:

Looking forward to next week more now though :D

Nightmare Luke, nothing worse that getting all the way and failing at the flange :LOL: :LOL:

If you need to borrow a front wheel let me know :)

Gravy Monster":3h0u1k1q said:
Nightmare Luke, nothing worse that getting all the way and failing at the flange :LOL: :LOL:

If you need to borrow a front wheel let me know :)

:LOL: pmsl, you said it mate!

I am waiting for a pair of wheels to arrive, just purchased from ebay. . . . . .Hopes! Lets "Hope" it's not a bad omen :LOL:

Cheers for the offer, will let you know but should be all good one way or another.

the_duke":3ounyh7q said:
Took a 5 minute breather at the Golf centre before glancing down and noticing my (stand in) front hope hub had failed at the flange!!!

Another Hope bites the dust. Salt and pepper shaker set it is then!

Lovely and dry out there if it makes you feel any better.

We spoke to the trail builders, Clixby's and the design consultant, Phil Saxena and have tacit agreement ( " You won't go being a bunch of tw@ts now? " ) to use the new, unopened trails which have bedded in a bit. Lots of Trail Pixie™ work continues on the old " Stealth Network " so I can take a group for 90 minutes-ish of un-repeated singletrack/man-made trail riding.
I'd like to do this ride at midday if that's alright and have a midway 10 minute rest break. How's that?

Latest posts

Back