Are my Hope XC hubs at the end of their life?

02gf74":2sft0os8 said:
I wouldn't trust epoxy stuff, not even JB Weld which is the stronger of them.

lumiweld may be an option but I would test it on something similar first.

The Lumiweld stuff looks better. As for being toast? Most of the metal is there to build/weld onto, 3 bolt holes are intact, don't see why it shouldn't be ok? I'm no metallurgist, but personally I'd give it a go.
If I had the money however, I'd get a nice new set of Pro 2 Evo's.

You should go for those hubs, all the info is available to learn to build a wheel - i took a jump recently and decided to build a wheel using sheldons guide. That was 2 months ago and im 7 wheels deep now :LOL:
Just make sure if its your main rider/commuter you have a spare available to give yourself enough time to build it properly (and get a decent spoke key too).

That said, if you have 3 good bolt holes - there was a thread recently where it was mentioned peaty only runs 3 bolts on his rotors.

Three bolts may well be enough - if designed around three ...

That hub has two neighbouring holes / flanges busted, that's a big section of disk unsupported / unevenly loaded :-(

WD :D

It would be possible if you use some sort of shaped washer at the back and front of the 2 busted mounts :? In that it would spread the load.Even a ring encompassing all the mount holes.It would offset the rotor its thickness but you may have enough adjustment to compensate :?

Or you could replace it for 30 quid ;)

WD Pro":2tvocjpw said:
That hub has two neighbouring holes / flanges busted, that's a big section of disk unsupported / unevenly loaded :-(

Yeah realised that after, your bolt holes wouldnt be safe doing that

dyna-ti":2hzvb3jd said:
Or you could replace it for 30 quid ;)

Damn, I've only just seen this and I've just bought a new wheel. I took all of your advice onboard and weighed up the cost of a new wheel vs facial surgery.

Just spent the week in hospital looking after my Dad and its boring as sin so new wheel time it is!

Back