Panasonic PR-6000 ex-team bike

to Texel. We hadn't much luck with the weather, but especially Ed is a though guy ;) With such bike no wonder everything sat right between his ears.

From the pic your bike doesn't look bad. Fork and tail are chromed underneath the paint and that resulted in that the paint chips relatively easy there. I experienced that that it is quite easy to touch them up. I found matching colours and of course I managed to develop a skill in it through the years.

The Regal seats you can buy new nowadays and the ring shouldn't be difficult to find.

Elev12k":aqgr4xhj said:
to Texel. We hadn't much luck with the weather, but especially Ed is a though guy ;) With such bike no wonder everything sat right between his ears.

From the pic your bike doesn't look bad. Fork and tail are chromed underneath the paint and that resulted in that the paint chips relatively easy there. I experienced that that it is quite easy to touch them up. I found matching colours and of course I managed to develop a skill in it through the years.

The Regal seats you can buy new nowadays and the ring shouldn't be difficult to find.

Sounds good! A trip round the island :).

The photo does make the bike look better then it really is. The decals are damaged, around the headset the paint is damaged and on the lower left side of the rear triangle the paint has come loose and has been badly touched up by the previous owner. Besides that there a several less serious damages around the frame.

I wil make some close up shots when the light is better here. Now it's raining hard and it's very dark here in Twente. I hate this weather!

Very Nice

Really lovely and what a bargain!
Its nice to see a bike with its history showing, and what a fine history this one has as well.
A road test once sorted would be welcome.
Enjoy
Jamie

I made some close ups with the camera on my phone:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Badly touched up by previous owner:
8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

The extended steerer and also that same spacer could be seen on 70s Prestos. Pictured ca '74 Presto Model Jan Legrand :)

4255827889_8f85a1d4be_z.jpg

Elev12k":1h6bhy4u said:
The extended steerer and also that same spacer could be seen on 70s Prestos. Pictured ca '74 Presto Model Jan Legrand :)

Ha! That's nice! :) That surely is no coincidence!

vaux":1h6bhy4u said:
you need to get your hands on this jersey!

Lovely shirt :) Unfortunatly that one is too small for me because i'm a rather tall person.

Great looking bike Yvo and super bargain!

It looks in very similar condition to mine which I collected over the weekend. It's a really good rider - we put in an around Holland 300km tour taking in Texel and Amsterdam with heavy rain and headwind included for free and fuelled only by Dutch SportFood (frites and mayonnaise) and Dutch SportDrink (beer). The cosmetic blemishes mean that I didn't worry too much about riding it in sandy and sea shell paths, as well as on Dutch pave and the road.

Mine is a year earlier than yours and so has downtube shifters and aero levers. It also has a slightly longer seat tube extension (slightly bigger frame I guess) and a larger headset spacer (mine is badged Panasonic although unfortunately a sticker rather than stamped or engraved). Removing the seatpost I found that a 30mm slit had been cut in the front - I'm not completely sure of it's purpose but wonder if yours has the same?

Oh, and if you find any Panasonic jerseys from 1990 for the taller genleman, and they have more than one, please let me know - I'll do the same.

Thanks Ed!

Good to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Holland :).

My frame is 60cm in height. Off course that is a bit too small for me because i'm almost 2 meters tall. But i ride everything over 60cm. Nice bikes are rare (and ugly) in large sizes, so i do have concessions to make. :roll:

My seatpost is standard without any cuts. I did see somewhere on the internet that on another PR-6000 (wasn't that Elev12k's bike?) the seatpost was "shaved" (how do i say that in English?) at the bottom. Maybe there is problem with 27.0mm seatposts fitting the frame?

Back