AFTERMATH - Brighton Beach Cruise 27/8/11

Did i see a pink and purple Klein making westward moves in Worthing seafront, ( Brooklands) about 3.30 today? Was that one of you guys. Couldn't make it due to work :(

D

What a fantastic ride :D

Really nice to meet you all, and thanks to Max for organising the whole shebang.

Special mention to Whatleymeister for riding down from Guildford (so no excuses to anyone for not turning up next time!), and happy birthday too fella!

Oh, and I managed to get some sleep too :LOL:

Excellent ride, really enjoyed myself and great to see some familiar faces.

Very impressed by the turn out for this one and the distances travelled by a fair few of us Retrobikers.

Stupidly forgot to take house keys and my other half wasn't in so l ended up extending my ride by going up to the dyke railway path as well!

Cheers, Matt. :)

Cruising at it's best ;)

All you tasty cake and café coffee beware, the retrobike crowd are in town :LOL:

very very nice to see lots of friendly new faces and familiar old ones

some stand out moments for me today..

Award for outstanding achievement goes to Whatleymeister - Guildford to Hove before we even went on the ride! top man, top job...and on his birthday 'n' all. Happy birthday mate, very pleased we could be a part of it :D

Award for the oldest bike on the ride goes to Purley. Not just happy with the ups and downs of the Brighton cliffs, he managed to make his own path and find his own off-road..those three gears working overtime ;)

There are more :) The tunes of the mobile mechanic as we were waiting to set off, the delights of the pier crowd through Brighton (leopard print is not a good look. ever.), Cranks (thanks for introducing us Chris)..it continues, but I'm tired and a little drunky..

I'll stick some pictures up later chaps, thank you everyone for showing up, and for those that couldn't...we'll see you on the next one ;)

(ps - I didn't organise this, you just happened to be there when everyone else could make it too :D )

Pic of the day

Great day chaps and chapesses, to the next one.

beach+cruise+01.JPG

Piperdave":2c49yhy3 said:
Did i see a pink and purple Klein making westward moves in Worthing seafront, ( Brooklands) about 3.30 today? Was that one of you guys. Couldn't make it due to work :(

D

That would have been me ;)

some more pics..

this was our start camp, with tunes. Some bike mechanic living out of a van. big love for bikes. came over and chatted with a few of us, took some pics, especially got the horn for sneakers Klein :LOL:
almostready.jpg

Cake stop number 1. Just about managed to get everybody in...well, all the bikes anyway ;)

cakestop1.jpg

Purley's lovely Stakko (at least, I think that's what it was)

PurleysStakko.jpg

The Pink machine

thepinkmachine.jpg

The end of the road..a lovely pub in Angmering (the train is your friend when dealing with nasty headwinds :LOL:)

endoftheroad.jpg

Back