Retro Inspired Roberts

Fillet Brazed - don't worry about it ;)
That race at Penshurst - sure I was there too and I recognise the other guy in the photo from Eastway.
Be interested to see how the respray turns out - been considering using Colourtech to do one of my frames.

MadCowKev":qbao6s50 said:
That race at Penshurst - sure I was there too and I recognise the other guy in the photo from Eastway.

What were you riding in those days? The race was during the winter 92-93 series. My dad used to keep the bonfire going in the start area.

I always thought the old PORC races had a really good laid back vibe, I have visited a couple of times in the last few years but its changed a bit too much for me. I did my first few races there on a borrowed Raleigh Pioneer hybrid, I even did downhill on 700c :shock:

Fillet Brazed":27nkorro said:
MadCowKev":27nkorro said:

What were you riding in those days? The race was during the winter 92-93 series.

yep - definately there riding either a DBR Axis Pro or a DBR Axis Team Ti :cool: and wearing the colours of Glade CC (bit like a stars and stripe affair)

That is awesome, and similar to what I would like to do when i get the cash together... real "retro" since it is a modern version of a classic.

When I get the cash it will be tough to decide who to build my "retro" frame?

MadCowKev":3py5yd95 said:
Fillet Brazed":3py5yd95 said:
MadCowKev":3py5yd95 said:

What were you riding in those days? The race was during the winter 92-93 series.

yep - definately there riding either a DBR Axis Pro or a DBR Axis Team Ti :cool: and wearing the colours of Glade CC (bit like a stars and stripe affair)

I wonder how may others raced there? I was probably there too, on a white Purple and green Roberts white spider,

purplewicked":3tp3y729 said:
nice!... but what's retro in this bike? discs and a 4in fork?

It's not retro but it's pretty cool IMO!

And if I ever buy a modern hardtail I may well consider one - although I'd have retro paint and graphics not the modern 'kak' ones!

Back