All Things RekTek

Hey Fluff.
A comprehensive serial number log is one thing I have always maintained; not sure why?
I left Rocky in 1989. I did built a lot of Altitudes though under contract in the early 90's. The BB shells came pre-numbered though so I couldn't tell you much about the serial numbers. The ones we did had the angle cut seat collars (top and bottom), monostay rear ends, painted in the Red/Yellow masked scheme.
Hope this help.
Chris

dekerf":1k7k2wsy said:
Hey Fluff.
A comprehensive serial number log is one thing I have always maintained; not sure why?
I left Rocky in 1989. I did built a lot of Altitudes though under contract in the early 90's. The BB shells came pre-numbered though so I couldn't tell you much about the serial numbers. The ones we did had the angle cut seat collars (top and bottom), monostay rear ends, painted in the Red/Yellow masked scheme.
Hope this help.
Chris

That would be mine then, they are afaik the 1991 model year ones (used a noodle for the front mech routing and in 1992 they switch to a 'flat bottom seat collar, though used the same general design but different tubing.
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 845#502845
Anyway wouldn't happen to know the actual colours used...
derailing this nice RekTek thread though :oops:

Sorry Fluff, don't have the paint codes for that any more. Incidentally, one of the painters that actually painted those frames now paints for me. Funny how things come around.
Cheers.
Chris

I stopped by a shop the other day and was chatting with the owner about old school parts (was on my Brodie at the time). Flipping through the pics on my phone, and when I got to this one, he pointed at it and immediately said they were RekTeks. I have no idea, they were on my GT when I got it, and the guy who bought/installed them is dead. Is the shop owner right?

x4.jpg

Not retro, but it is my winter project. New full carbon Rek-Tek X-1

Attachments

• IMG_8647.JPG
    IMG_8647.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,215
georgeous

Classen, that bike is killer! :cool:

There is obviously a lot of time and hard work gone into that build. Love it!

I used to drop into reckless riders whenever I was around Granville Island back in the day. I rememeber when they started building their own bikes and recall being favourably inclined towards them. I was never in the custom bike price bracket, so owning one was never really an option for me.

Back