ISIS 2231 bearings

FluffyChicken":sc5imeoy said:
The code will be MR 21531 (21.5 x31 x 7)

Back now - Sorry I had to rush off.
Ah yes I can see now that it is MR 21531. The bill for the three bearings and postage was for £23 in April 2007, so probably about £7 each. I remember now putting two of them on the Drive Side to replace the 14mm width bearing in the picture above.

FluffyChicken":sc5imeoy said:
I've found some bearings MR2231 (ukbikestore) but at £20 each I'll leave be given I probably need some other parts it's just not worth it. I'll see what I can bodge up with the current 3804's in there as even the 3804's are a small fortune for some bearings
As they are RF specific and the Signature series instructions say they might have a grease port :).
Have to try get them out of the cups and off the axle at some point :LOL:.

MR2231
http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/16 ... aring.html

been fun looking though... makes me want to find a cheap fix all the more though :LOL:

Well done for finding them, even if you end up sorting things another way - every day's a learning day :cool:

As for ISIS in general, you made a good point earlier regarding how long it was around for!

The actual balls in the bearing are tiny little things compared to Square Taper. I ended up buying a ludicrously expensive Stronglight Twister Titanium for that Kula Primo of mine.... with a view to it lasting longer. :roll: Seems ok so far - oops, that'll be a bad omen!

Pip.

FluffyChicken":2v8gj4q9 said:
alanf":2v8gj4q9 said:

They're almost perfect of course (see few post up ;))
Just the cost doesn't justify what they are. damn propriety stuff.

I saw that not long after I posted! yet before I hit reply half the topic didnt show up :? it stopped at your 12:50 post! freaking internet! half my crap on fb isnt showing either! which could be a good thing :)

Back