vitos zx-1

kmcg

Retro Newbie
Hi
Thinking of building a bike, looking at a vitus zx-1 frame. I hear that head sets are very hard to get for those bikes. I would appreciate any advice,
as it is a beautiful frame

Attachments

• First frame.JPG
    First frame.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,237
  • First frame.JPG
    First frame.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,237
Thanks for that, I went on craincreeks web site, I don't have the frame yet so I couldn't give them any measurements. I sent them an email

Are these among the last pre-CRC Vitus'?
It is a cracking looking frame, can't wait to see it built up, please keep us posted on how it goes!

The Vitus brand was aquired by CRC fairly recently and I think that the current (2011 model year) was the first crop of models for them in this state.

I havn't been able to find anything about the recent history of Vitus other than the very very little on the current website:
www.vitusbikes.com

Thanks for the replies. Ya I bought it must be mad, was looking at some photos of vitus zx on Velospace bike forum the featured photo is a vitus zx.
Read his post, he says less than a thousand of these frames were made.
If I could find out the type of bearing and bearing layout I might be able to get it custom made. I'm in no hurry to build it.
Nice wheels if I can get a headset might be interested

Attachments

• Lost bid.JPG
    Lost bid.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 1,104
I have seen a few ZX1's which as you say less than 1000 were made, but have only seen one picture of a ZX2 like you have so i guess they must be even rarer!

Back