Are my Hope XC hubs at the end of their life?

Shire

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Afternoon all!

Here's a couple of pictures for you to pass an otherwise dull Thursday afternoon:

e480c50e.jpg

32230160.jpg

bbf4e431.jpg

Do we think they've had it?

The part of the hub where you screw the discs to has broken away on 3 of the 6 screws. Everything else is working fine with the hubs. Do you guys think that there is anything that can be done to save them? :oops:

I'll take the broken hubs for the innards (and freehub body)

But you could use them as none disc hubs or drill through and use a nut at the other side of the bolt hole to help secure it there.

Well I've been riding them everyday for a week (probably 50 miles) and they seem fine. The bearings are great and I've just serviced them too. The front wheel is fine, just a shame about the rear.

The threads actually hold the bolt and you can tighten them up fine too. The bolt is long enough so that it disappears into the hub so the end of it is still threaded if that makes sense?

They're laced to White Halo SAS rims (no braking surface) and are actually a pretty strong wheel!

Hope have said if I return the hub, they'll send me a replacement PRO 2 EVO for £72.50. Seems quite reasonable (half price hub) but I'd have to rebuild the wheel myself. Tempting but not something I've done before!

£ 70 ish quid is cheap compared to several thousands for dental and/or facial reconstruction surgery or for social services to supply someone to push you around in a wheelchair and wipe your bottom for the rest of your life.

BIN THEM!!!!!

it may be possible to have the lost part built up, either by TIG or lumiweld/technoweld and only if rear hub but I still wouldn't.

Back