drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
NWA: Dent and Ribblehead ~ Saturday 27th August 2011

work.1982081.4.flat,550x550,075,f.ribblehead-viaduct-yorkshire-dales.jpg

:: Date: Saturday 27th August 2011
:: Distance/time: 21 Miles/approx 8 hours including stops. (Long day)
:: Meeting at: 9:30am ride starts at 10:00am Ribblehead Viaduct/Station Inn - B6255 - Low Sleights Road.
:: Postcode: LA6 3AS
:: Start location: here
:: Terrain: 60% off road, rough tracks with mud in places. 2800ft of climbing and descending, drove roads, shooting tracks and some technical singletrack.

This is a circuit which can be ridden in either direction, but whichever way starts with a big climb. The route will take in a pub stop in Dent village before another big climb out of the dale.
But for all the climbing there will be plenty of descending too on rocky and testing tracks.

This ride will be quite a challenge due to the terrain, the climbing and the distance so please make sure that you and your bike are in good fettle and you are prepared for all weathers. Helmets must be worn on this route as the rocks are very unforgiving!

We'll decide which way to go on the day. If the weather is bad we will probably tackle a shorter route instead.

Hope to see you there!

Looks like it might be just me and you Martin.

I have a new bike to try out so I'm happy whatever.

Would have done this as my first "official" retro ride, but on a narrowboat trip for the weekend! :cry:

Will keep an eye out for the next one.

azaro":n73ibbod said:
Would have done this as my first "official" retro ride, but on a narrowboat trip for the weekend! :cry:

Will keep an eye out for the next one.

Don't worry there will be more coming up in the future

Change of plan for anyone who has decided last minute that they fancied doing this ride and hasn't mentioned it before.

Harry and I will still be riding today, but elsewhere instead.

We'll save this great route for another time when there are a few more people to share it with and less chance of getting very wet on some big hills.

Apologies for the very last minute update, but I don't think anyone else was planning to join us anyway.

Paul decided he would leave the ride up to me thinking it would be a short local ride from my house :LOL:

We rode from my house in Preston up to Rivington and looped over Anglezarke and into the Wheelton plantation and stopped by Healey Nab on the way past before the ride back to Preston, I am sure Paul will post up more details shortly.

P8271697-1-1.jpg

Back