Scarfacexxx08

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hey has anyone on here used or have either a

Rock Shox Reverb Seatpost
Specialized Command Seatpost
Pure Racing i900R Remote Seatpost

I like the idea of them, but not sure on what they're like reliability wise. A friend of mine has the Rockshox one and has had to send it back a couple of times, has anyone else had to do this?

The others i know nothing to how well they perform and how reliable they are, anyone able to help?

I've been using a KS Racing 950i for ten months now in all weathers. I'm also a bugger for cleaning bikes with a pressure washer and then putting them away wet. I'm also a bit fat and clumsy on a bike, so it has a pretty tough life. So far its been brilliant. 100% reliable and absolutely no slop or play at all. It still looks and works like a brand new one. Finally, the remote is very well thought out- it replaces one of the collars on a lock on grip and is perfectly placed for use. Again, no issues with the remote either (I have heard that the Rock Shox remote is prone to breaking).

A top rated ten out of ten for the KS (its also soooo much cheaper than the others too- win win!).

Si

Dr S":2nsyq34t said:
I've been using a KS Racing 950i for ten months now in all weathers. I'm also a bugger for cleaning bikes with a pressure washer and then putting them away wet. I'm also a bit fat and clumsy on a bike, so it has a pretty tough life. So far its been brilliant. 100% reliable and absolutely no slop or play at all. It still looks and works like a brand new one. Finally, the remote is very well thought out- it replaces one of the collars on a lock on grip and is perfectly placed for use. Again, no issues with the remote either (I have heard that the Rock Shox remote is prone to breaking).

A top rated ten out of ten for the KS (its also soooo much cheaper than the others too- win win!).

Si

^^
Same as... brilliant bit of kit.

Felt terrible about spending £200 on a seatpost... until I used it.

I've got a Spesh command post on my enduro. It's been reasonably reliable, the only downside is keeping it clean the the head of the post under the saddle. The actual lever that's operated by the remote can become a bit grimy and really affect it.
My mate has a reverb and had no issues whatsoever.
Another mate has a KS post... Not sure which model, had to send it back 3 times since january. I've heard they're generally more reliable than that though...

If I was to buy one, I'd go rockshox.

Two guys out on saturdays ride running KS posts. Both reporting no trouble after some serious usage.

I think I might opt for the KS one, as 2 of my mates now have had to send their rock shox one back now. Plus i can get the blue ano kit for it :oops:

I bought Tasha a 2nd hand Jolpin to see how she got on with the idea. It definelty works for her, but has developed a bit of rotational play.

I bought Tasha a 2nd hand Jolpin to see how she got on with the idea. It definelty works for her, but has developed a bit of rotational play.

They do, but it tends not to get any worse.
With the Joplins you need to regularly take off the lock ring and grease the bushings.

I've got a V.1 Maverick Speedball - that then became the CB Joplin when they bought the patent. About 5/6 years old and still working fine with regular greasing.

Back