good news for fat fans - new surly bits and bikes

saltyman

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
surlys new line of products for us large lovers has been announced......

http://www.surlybikes.com/blog/

new moonlander bike announced - 4.7'' tires :shock:

6077012877_bf97f4d53f_b.jpg

new rubber too....

6077013969_f01483a39e.jpg

6077014013_0cc2fabb42.jpg

and the new black ops pug!

6080480156_2408b0b37a.jpg

i have a new pugs on order, though the current version, but im enquiring about pre ordering the moonlander too, due out december time.

Next on the cards for Surly? :LOL:
sm_waikiki_water_bike02.jpg

Seriously the moonlander looks a little ott, the black pug looks the goods though!

yeah i love black and white.

i have ordered the current white pugs, so maybe order a moonlander too, im glad its black.

Forgot to mention, glad to see thumbshifters making a welcome return ;)

Much easier to change gear when wearing gloves :)

saltyman":2aq7d88v said:
yeah i love black and white.

i have ordered the current white pugs, so maybe order a moonlander too, im glad its black.

So what does the Pugsley have (apart from being white) that the Mukluk didn't have? Track ends, I suppose, so you could run it SS or IGH. Although I'm not a big fan of track ends so that would count against the Pug for me.

Why not just have a Moonlander with two sets of wheels, BTW, if you want the two different tyre sizes? The frames can't be that different apart from tyre clearances.

I thinned the fleet.......and wasn't using the mukluk then.

The new 4.7" tires will fit on pugs and mukluks apparently, does mention in the blog.

Yep the moonlanders tyres will apparently fit the Pug when on the 65mm Large Marge rims.

Nice to see some more tyre choice too :D

Black looks very nice on the Moonlander and i think the Pug is going to be black too.

Andy R said:
So what does the Pugsley have (apart from being white) that the Mukluk didn't have? Track ends, I suppose, so you could run it SS or IGH. Although I'm not a big fan of track ends so that would count against the Pug for me.quote]

The Pug lets you run both which the Mukluk doesnt due to not having intechangable wheels front and rear. Oh and "steel is real" apparently

DSCF4755-1.jpg

Mine running Alfine in the rear and ss in the front. Track ends are no biggie if you use chain tugs.

saltyman":315lfkb1 said:
Think the new tires will be mega popular, about time there was more choice.

Reckon your right

Think the black ops pugsley should be matte or satin though

Back