'91 Orange Clockwork Rebuild

Very nice, I spoke with Carl about these guys as some time ago I'm planning the same fate for my Prestige. Looks like they've done a great job yet again and I'm looking forward to this build :cool: :cool:

Great looking frame and forks :cool: hope you dont mind if i ask how much for the respray ...only my youngest son has one just like it that needs a new paint job ......

Attachments

• 100_1618.JPG
    100_1618.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 1,874
Cheers for the positive comments guys, I hope I do it justice!

Build is underway, the headset cups and the rest of the headset along with the forks have been fitted. Bottom bracket is now in too.

Now making a start on polishing up the M730 Groupset I have to fit....

For those that asked, the price of the respray was £180 - that's for the frame and forks, decals and postage & packing.
But speaking with Gary at Graphicshack I think he mentioned that the prices have just gone up, but can't be 100% sure...

Attachments

• IMAG0419.jpg
    IMAG0419.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,848
  • Orange Clockwork 02.jpg
    Orange Clockwork 02.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 1,848
I saw thier prices went upto 200 quid in the link i posted but..if it's a keeper then to get that level of lushness i see the cost as quite reasonable

take £30 off for the graphics..take another off £15 for the postage and suddenly the paint at £155 don't seem so bad

sylus":34t7ihga said:
I saw thier prices went upto 200 quid in the link i posted but..if it's a keeper then to get that level of lushness i see the cost as quite reasonable

take £30 off for the graphics..take another off £15 for the postage and suddenly the paint at £155 don't seem so bad

Yep, couldn't agree more!

New to retrobike, just having a browse round the site. Bit of an Orange fan, though I only have a non-retro P7

Just wanted to agree with the above comments - what a great job with the colour scheme (and what a transformation from the first pic!)

A bit more progress made...
Trying to clean and polish all the XT parts before fitting, quite time consuming!

Had some 19 yr old Red ringle skewers that were quite scuffed up, so taking advice from this thread http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158878&highlight=
I used some caustic soda, using the method suggested by pete_mcc and stripped them to the bare metal, then used a rotary polisher to get them looking sweet again!

Attachments

• DSCF4991.JPG
    DSCF4991.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,200
  • DSCF4982.JPG
    DSCF4982.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,200
  • DSCF4975.JPG
    DSCF4975.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,200
  • DSCF4972.JPG
    DSCF4972.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,200
A few more pics added, just waiting for a few minor things to arrive from ebay and then it's sorted...

It's now complete!!

http://s1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd486/weddallenko/

Frame: 1991 Orange Clockwork

Fork: Orange Chromoly

Headset: M736
Stem: Zoom 100mm
Handlebar: Control Tech 21" (Black anodising stripped)
Grips: Onza Porci-paws
Barends: N/A

Brakes: M65x
Brake Pads: M65x
Brake Cables: Generic
Cantilever cable hangers: Stainless steel
Brake Levers: M7xx (Unknown - DX?)

Shifters:
Front Derailleur: M735
Rear Derailleur: M735 Short Cage.
Derailleur Cables: Generic
Cassette: HG-90
Chain: HG-90
Cranks: M730 170mm
Crank Bolts: 8mm Allen Bolt
Chainrings: Onza Buzz saw 28 / M730 38 / M730 48
Chainring bolts: Alloy
Bottom Bracket: UN70
Pedals: Non period SPD

Hub Skewers: Ringle Ti (Red anodising removed)
Rims: Mavic 231 CD
Hubs: Front M730 32 Hole / Rear M730/2
Spokes: DT
Tyres: Ritchey Kevlar Z Max WCS, 1.75"
Tubes: Generic

Saddle: Non period Orange Ti
Seatpost: Generic
Seatpost Binder: X-lite Type

Weight: 10.5 Kg (Sum of all parts)

Back