2012 Xizang

MikeD":zt6db83r said:
In that case, wait a year and buy them when they get epically reduced to clear them out ;)

Or simply wait another year to save up even more money and buy a Potts...!

:LOL:

I really like it but what's with the curved end cap! I agree it is a lot for a taiwanese frame, but if it is as well made I don't see too much issue.

the extra cost over here will be the 20% vat.

oh and they pronouced it wrong :)

BoyBurning":3r51h5u4 said:
MikeD":3r51h5u4 said:
Not that crazy compared to most Ti frames. A Lynskey Pro 29 is £1,700,
Cotic Soda £1,500. RRP for a Whyte 19 Ti frame is £1,999 (!).

Mike:

Yes, but the Pro 29 and Soda are both made by Lynskey.
In the US.

The Whyte is made by Litespeed.
In the US.

That generally commands a higher price in the market, whereas rightly or wrongly Far Eastern made frames don't...

I may of course be wrong about the origins above, but don't think so, and think that GT are simply jumping on the band-wagon and charging what they like..
BB

Exactly. Regardless of the quality, Far Eastern manufacture is a fraction of the cost, and this should be reflected in the retail price. It may well be a great frame, but it won't have been built by people who enjoy anything like the same income, insurance etc etc ...or even have any interest in bicycles necessarily, let alone passion.
Not being made in the US (if this is true) is a real disappointment.

for those who r complaining about the price...check out what lynskey charges for a polished finish !! i really hope the bean counters in australia, let me grap one. it would have to have a matching blue sid with old decals...i regret selling syncros revo's they would have looked sweet !!

what im wondering...i havent seen any pics of a xizang build bike, only frame pictures ...would like to see what it looks like with those big wheels and slopping top tube...

The Ken":2nxi690k said:
I really like it but what's with the curved end cap!

Because it''s made in Taiwan! Nothing wrong with that but only US metal gets a flat end cap - that is the way of the GT :D

My new 29er is much more Yeti than the Bigtop... at least its builder created the ARC and used to be Yeti's their main welder.

Secondly, you can't really compare a carbon-alu bike with a ti one... Ti is expensive, and the Xizang is made in small batches even if in Taiwan.

T'boo Ted":3k70f3xz said:
at least they tell us how to pronounce it...

1312898365030-1c3if8n3sao8z-670-75.jpg

The bend in the down tube is rank and that headtube is awkward looking :?

Back