1996 FAT CHANCE Shock-A-Billy #SBML045 :: Finito

I was going to bid on that too, but it was too big!
That is a '97 I believe w/ the Turner rear and 1 1/8" headtube. I would stash the Judy somewhere and run a Fox fork on the front if I were you!

Re: 1996 FAT CHANCE Shock-A-Billy #SBML045

kingroon":1j1cq0bg said:
..that shock'll probably need a service..

Err..

6079303566_f46e8543d1_z_d.jpg

grd":1jbycsnp said:
..Don't take these as negatives, just lessons learnt, as it's still one of my 2 favourite Fats, and the one that gets ridden the most, the other is my Ti. :LOL:

Thanks for the intel mate :cool: I was thinking about having some slotted cable guides put on the seat stay, as that length of cable is gunne be ugly.. It's hitting the Spray Shop anyways so might have the work done then..

Fattyboombatty":1jbycsnp said:
..That is a '97 I believe w/ the Turner rear and 1 1/8" headtube. I would stash the Judy somewhere and run a Fox fork on the front if I were you!

Yep, 1 1/8 :twisted: Which opens up the fork selection for sure.. Opting for [Grafton] Cantis tho so need to sort something compatible..

I'm guessing the news that I'm sending it off to get sprayed may cause some controversy, but it is going Black.. And if anyone is to blame it's JonRock for this photo on his 'site ;) :)

8377180_orig.jpg

That sapphire fade is awesome! Don't respray it! At least not just boring black....cantis? If you are respraying, you should just have disc tabs welded on the rear while you are at it!!!

Fattyboombatty":wirbqweq said:
That sapphire fade is awesome! Don't respray it! At least not just boring black....cantis? If you are respraying, you should just have disc tabs welded on the rear while you are at it!!!

I much prefer the original paint too however, I'm just a bystander. :roll:

Fattyboombatty":1vsqdfob said:
That sapphire fade is awesome!

I never liked it Dude, IF rolled the colourway into their '99 range and it never looked good to me.. Anyways, it's my Rig and if I gotta look at it every day, I need to like it :twisted:

There have been quite a few Black Bikes that have captured my imagination over the years.. 1989 Fisher Paragon, 1989/90 Saracen Trekker Comp, That PACE to name but a few..

..not sure how you can cry Sacrilege about Paint and yet Advocate a Disk Tab RestoMod :?: :!:

Attachments

• 99_IF.JPG
    99_IF.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,308
I think the sapphire fade looks far nice on the fat than on the independent fabrications.

However as you say its your rig and you are the one that had to look it it and ride it and there is no point having a bike you dont really like the colour of!

If you are gonna do black, then why not do a harlequin fade? I have always loved the black/ silver version. That would look sick on a Shocka!
As for the brakes... that is a late model Shocka with modern head tube. Why would you limit the fork selection with canti brakes? I picture cantis going on the amp style Billies only. Just my humble opinion.
Enjoy the awesome bike...btw you would have had some serious competition on Ebay had that been my size ;)

This really is a Slow Burner.. Just picked up some forks, for which I paid slightly more than I have bargained for.. But hey..

Some NOS 2000 RS SIDs.. Black crown will go nicely with the Black Betty Colourway.. Have some spare SID Lowers too that will go off to match the Frame :twisted:

P1020481.jpg

Fattyboombatty":3ew9s68g said:
If you are gonna do black, then why not do a harlequin fade? I have always loved the black/ silver version. That would look sick on a Shocka!

I hear ya.. That's a good shout.. I might have a chat with Argos, see how much it works out to be :cool:

Fattyboombatty":3ew9s68g said:
As for the brakes... that is a late model Shocka with modern head tube. Why would you limit the fork selection with canti brakes? I picture cantis going on the amp style Billies only. Just my humble opinion.

I do totally agree with you on this one.. It's gunna get M950 Vs, in fact a complete M950 Drivetrain except for a nice set of Syncros Revolution Cranks :twisted: The Cranks will be partnered with a Syncros Post & Cattlehead Stem ;)

Latest posts

Back