hmm .. 1 reason why cantilever+v-brakes are better than disc

1 freak, isolated incident makes disc brakes inferior to 2 less advanced systems. You've got a bad bad case of Retro superiority complex :LOL:

no, I'm sticking with discs :cool: .... but if you read the original post, that is not an isolated incident for that make/model of disc.

looking at the failed disc, note how little metal there is around the bolt hole.

the title of the post is not neceassry saying canti and v-s are better, it is unlikely for one of those to jam the front wheel, unless anyone else knows better?

:shock: put it in a vice and it will be fine to use again :LOL:

I'm getting disc's next :shock:

I had a disc caliper snap of my forks, ruined everything, forks, rotor, caliper, hub, spokes and rim! :shock:

FST4RD":2uu9cpfq said:
I had a disc calliper snap of my forks, ruined everything: forks, rotor, calliper, underpants, hub, spokes and rim! :shock:

:cry: post or IS?

I lost some teeth when a V-brake mounting point snapped off my fork several years ago (which is why I always use brake boosters ever since). Guess that makes cantis and V-brakes dangerous as well.

Face it, the only safe method is the old-school one. With the wooden block that's being pressed onto the tire, like they did a century ago.

I've used Ashima discs for ages (just recently sold an unused disc rotor :shock:) and this is the 1st I've heard of it :? Yes they are supposed to be weight weenie discs and if I was doing any kind of hardcore riding then I'd use something more substantial but....

Back