sold & collected late 70's Carlton Criterium

biggs682

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
this is another of my fleet that has to sadly go .

its a late 70's lime green Carlton Criterium racing bike that has led a very easy life resting in sheds after being brought for the original owners teenage son who used it for a few time trials before deciding he didnt like dicing with traffic .

very good original condition with slight blemishes on top tube around the carlton decals and an inch long of light rusting on the underside that would easily clean up and touch up .

its a 23" or 58cm sized frame , fitted original sr/raleigh alloy crankset with 165mm arms and bash ring, atom 600 rat trap pedals with christophe special leather straps . suntour power shifters that operate matching vx deraileurs fr & rr . Raleigh wieman 610 centre pull brakes fr & rr operated via drilled wieman levers . Raliegh 622 x 17 (700) alloy 36 hole rims laced on to sm flanged Atom alloy hubs both fitted with quick release , good tyres.

sr fluted alloy stem that is free to move and adjust , black lightly padded saddle that has small tear on top and scuff marks on rear . Raleigh 105mm alloy stem and matching bars , fr brake cable guide is rusty.

i have only ridden this bike a couple of miles , and apart from replacing all the cables i would recomend a quick clean and regrease of all bearings due to the amount of time it has been sitting unused in its life .

a very cleen example of a nice bike that are getting hard to find .

would like £95 for this lovelly example can post for an extra £25 but would rather bike was collected from wellingborough nn8 post code .

see link for pics

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?ci ... a13jiMs%24

i am saying this is 1979 Bike on the following details all of the following are date stamped 79 ie , hubs,pedals rr brake body and the frame number is WL9002469 . which makes it a Worksop bike made in December in the ninth year and 2469th bike made that year if my research is right.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    223.1 KB · Views: 2,578
Back