Klein Quantum Pro Nightstorm

Oldschooler

Senior Retro Guru
Here is my Beauty...

94er Quantum Pro Nightstorm

It's a long story and in English I can't write it down as fast as in german.

The mainstory in a short version:

I'm just a poor pupil, btw. I am now a student. money wasn't much... then I saw on Ebay a Quantum Pro Nightstorm and I thought about selling my soul to the devil to get this piece of art. The parts were awful, the seller a frenchman and I didn't know how to get money, to come to paris and anyway how I could imagine something.

So I waited 3long days... suddenly a well-known KLEIN-Collector mad his bid and the dream was dreamt.... wide over 3000 Euros... that was more than I could grab to buy it....

so I talked with my only real friend (left) which is also a totally destroyed triathlet and he only said: WE MUST GET IT! He gave me all his money... but it wasn't enough...

one day left... perhaps the bid was cancelled!!! I couldn't believe it... the bidder said,that the seller didn't answer his questions... but a few minutes later I got an email from the seller that he his in vacations on tahiti or somewhere...

We were back in the game. on a sunny sunday afternoon we won the auction! But that was only the beginning! local pick-up only in Paris. So I said for a joke: Hehe, let's ride it home... and waited for a laugh or something else.... but the only thing I heard was: YEAH, let's ride.

Three days and a lot of emails later we rode with the train to paris and arrived at gare de l'est. My friend had his Giant Tcr with him and I my running shoes. but we didn't get access to the metro with his bike. So we must walk. Rue Peclet was the destination... near the eiffel tower... 11km with cycling shoes... his legs were nearly exploding... I threw my running shoes away when we arrived at the sellers home.
But we were 2 hours to late and he was back on work. We asked him to come back, because we had 100km to ride this afternoon.

He came back and showed his breezers and of course the quantum... it was love at first sight... so we drank a wine and got on our way:
eiffel tower... champs elysees(we couldn't find it :( )... back to the railway station...the first 40km with the train, because all people warned us: don't ride through the suburbs...
at 17:30pm we were back on the road again and it was like a dream... the only problem: whose bike is it, when we arrive at home? We paid both the same money and its fits my like a glove... but I didn't have the other half of the money...

The next day we rode the rest: 230km and had a lot of fun: wonderful weather, great bike, everything was beautiful. We arrived at 22pm and then the trouble began: We splitted the bike... My friend paid me and got the bike.

I felt empty and it was the greatest mistake I ever made in my life... So I subscribed a Contract a steelwork and 3long months I packed steel plates on waggons... and on each I painted clouds and lightnings... "I must get it back" I took the earned money and tried to buy it from him... but he said: I don't need money, I need a roadrace bike.. so I thought and thought and searched and then we made a compromise: I build him a quantum pro yellow pearl which he could use in competitions with the same parts but without the painting...

so everyone of us had a bike with 7,5kilo (mine is now a bit lighter) and found his peace...

here are a few pics...

in paris: the first setup...

Champs Elysees??? but where....?!

at home, last pic before splitting the bike....and my friend... absolute crazy....

almost ready: record 10speed... tune... 7,5kilo... but few things were not right...

the compromise and my way to get my lovely back home:

God was on our side(the rest of the world against us):the evening of our return...

and finally:

like a dream... 7,3kilo...
it's hard to look on the road instead of the toptube....

I need just one thing: the matching jersey!!!

Like the 'retro' telephone in the first picture. Looks like 1970's dial phone. But the wheel is in the way. :D

Back