Lights your opinions

Hi, the magic shine lights are really hard to beat, the issues that plagued early ones have been mostly ironed out. I to had a Trout light, one of the first liberators. Whilst it was great, V bright, i sold mine and brought a set of Ay up's, more practical and usable for racing. A magicshine on the bars and a joystick helmet mounted would set you back maybe £200 tops and be perfect for night riding i reckon

Average Mark":2hz7z9xz said:
Hi, the magic shine lights are really hard to beat, the issues that plagued early ones have been mostly ironed out. I to had a Trout light, one of the first liberators. Whilst it was great, V bright, i sold mine and brought a set of Ay up's, more practical and usable for racing. A magicshine on the bars and a joystick helmet mounted would set you back maybe £200 tops and be perfect for night riding i reckon

what he said about magic shine lights the new ones are great i have an older one and to be fair it worked great too til i broke it (trapped lead in the cubard draw and squished it)

now all iv'e gotta do is bribe average mark with money and tea to build some all singing lights to replace my old hope 4 led before winter :D

I've been using Fenix for a few winters, one on me head , and one on the bars,, and they're all you need.
For £100, including an Ever Ready charger and 4 batteries, you're sorted!
Don't confuse Fenix with the cheap tat torches you get elsewhere. They're top quality! ;)

hope vision 4.

i have a hope vision 4 light. with a endurance battery, will last 8 hours at full power. if your interested i will let the light go for £130. which is a bargain as if they break send them to hope and they send them back fixed simple as.
included is a helmet mount, bar mount, battery & light. & charger.

Attachments

• IMG_4236.JPG
    IMG_4236.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 966
  • IMG_4235.JPG
    IMG_4235.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 966
Dr S":39fufz8h said:
Well last time I mentioned lights I got called all sorts. :roll:

So last year I took the plunge and bought a Trout Liberator 3.0. Built in a shed in Yorkshire, lighter, more powerful and much cheaper than a Lupine Wilma, for starters and secondly looks really sweet with a CNC case and lovely anno finish. And boy is it bright! More incredible is the spread of light; the beam comes out at right angles to each side and right down to the headset. Thats full output to the sides too, not just side-spill, making them fantastic in tight twisty situations. The beam is a good 700yds long to boot which even the fastest rider could not outrun. It has been reliable and the burn rate is astonishing- so good I only charge it twice a month. Full power (2000 lumen) lasts well over 5 hours, the lowest setting which is still super bright will last over 20 hours.

Ill second the Liberator 3.0. I used mine last winter and had the best lights of our club. Some of the high output torch types were close in brightness, but nothing compared to the spread. I hate lights that only start lighting the ground a metre or two in front of the wheel with the Liberator you can see exactly what the wheel is rolling over. Also the width of the spread is great when approaching corners.

Si, do you have the endurance battery? My standard one lasts more like 1 1/2 - 2 hours on full blast, but mostly I use the medium setting.

One thing to note about all lights in general - Lumens quotes is usually a theoretical calculation of the whole light (current + LED capability etc...) or simply the max possible output from the L.E.D.

The Liberator's 2000 Lumens was a theoretical output - Trouties website now shows an actual laboratory measured output 1700. It's safe bet that other lights would see a similar drop in real measurement.

found my bracket for the fenix torch.......

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

Re: hope vision 4.

videojetman":30infrln said:
i have a hope vision 4 light. with a endurance battery, will last 8 hours at full power. if your interested i will let the light go for £130. which is a bargain as if they break send them to hope and they send them back fixed simple as.
included is a helmet mount, bar mount, battery & light. & charger.

Why are you selling these if I may ask?

Back