Big Bike Bash aftermath

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Not long back from a fantastic weekend in the New Forest at Big Bike Bash 2011.
I've never been to such a laid back and friendly event!
I managed to bump into Klein-Mad-Chris as I was pitching my tent, so he came and camped next to our group.
I also met up with matt.bee and trickylad over the weekend, and it was a pleasure to meet you guys.
the whole event was aimed at simply having fun and getting as much or as little cycling in as you pleased.
I managed 2 laps of the course on my Overbury's on friday, but couldn't stand putting her through all the mud again so rode my 3 laps on Saturday on something more modern :oops:
The lake jumping today was quality, and the morph sex images from the band last night will (sadly!) stay with me forever!

Some pics here..... http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 037&type=1 and a video of me lake jumping (in MM11 t-shirt ;)) here... http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 7250803038

I cant recommend this event highly enough and think it would make an excellent choice for a big retrobike meet.

Second all of that.
Cracking weekend.
Thanks Mark, Matt and Claire for the great company (and childcare help!)
Big respect for taking on the lake jump, and Matt the crazy night ride and taking home the prestigious 'best night crash' prize.
Great family event with loads to do....

Be it to test out your lighting rig:

b1112ca5.jpg

Or get your game faces on for the pyjama race:

01b291b2.jpg

Enjoyed it immensely.

Rick (Trickylad)

I'm in that lights photo somewhere, although I'd not turned my lights on at that point ;)

Splendid weekend, can't think of any other bike events that would have kept the rest of the family so entertained. Looking forward to next year already...

would loved to have made it to this too.

The brother inlaw and kids are just round the corner, so would have been amazing to get them along too

Fingers crossed for next year

having seen the pics and the vids on makster's facebook i wish i could have made this! the lake jumping looked a right laugh! :D :D

Back