RetroBike National Ride Series - Peaks - 10/09/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minty Sauce":2gafwrji said:
Will I be ok using platforms on this ride? Never used spds and they seem to be the choice of most when I was look at previous years aftermath pics :?

I would highly recommend it in the Peaks. Plus you can wear sexier shoes. ;-)

Sorry - flats are the way to go in the Peaks. None of the people I ride with use SPD's. Some people are ok with spuds but it is quite rocky in places an being able to dab and set off more easily is a real bonus.
I suppose if you got used to them in that area SPD's would be fine but I've never used them there.

I'll be there along with Fluffychicken and mr old skool and possibly a couple of others from our local area :D

In terms of pedals, go with whatever you are happy riding on, flats or SPDs.

I personally prefer spuds and have always used them in the Peaks and everywhere else since they came out.
Apart from in the snow. I use flats in the snow because spuds quickly turn into slippery ice blocks.

I hoping there won't be any snow in September though.

i will be there for the weekend in my new toy and riding a true classic 87 bike. Its gonna be great

web.jpg

web.jpg

thanks andy

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well at least we all know where we are staying now!!

Will that even fit down the Dark Peak lanes??

Rob Atkin":26dqnevr said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well at least we all know where we are staying now!!

Will that even fit down the Dark Peak lanes??

Its like driving a mini but a little bigger LOL

drystonepaul":kk5wvurt said:
In terms of pedals, go with whatever you are happy riding on, flats or SPDs.

I personally prefer spuds and have always used them in the Peaks and everywhere else since they came out.
Apart from in the snow. I use flats in the snow because spuds quickly turn into slippery ice blocks.

I hoping there won't be any snow in September though.

Hmmm :? , think I will stick with my platforms then as I have never used spds and probably wouldn't be as confident on them. I do have a set of VP pedals I could put on tho with some toe traps?

->any123 that is some toy you have there :shock: I take it you'll be getting the brews on then? :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back