The Peaks National ride

Will I be ok running platforms? I notice that most people ride with spds, never used them before

Platforms are for girls and glam rock stars....man up and clamp yourself to your bike :twisted:

I'm joking, ride whatever you're comfortable with fella, but once you get used to them.......spds rock :cool:

Use whichever pedals you are used to, it's not fun getting 10 miles into a ride and finding out that something you fitted the day before doesn't work for you

Rear mech: undo cable at mech, reset barrel adjusters and start again. If that doesn't work new inner cable and possibly outer cable, you could pop round mine if you like I think I have some spare cables

Hydration pack: Camelback are very good, but pricey. Look out for sales from CRC, Wiggle, Merlincycles & other online bike shops, we do have a couple of Gelert hydration packs in store if you want to buy local

Thanks for the advice fellas . I have got some VP pedals (Tioga surefoot copies), I could always put them on with toe clips? :?

Andy, thanks for that I will give it a go. If I can't get it sorted I may have to pop round to yours I will bring beer/food/women (delete as appropriate) :D

As far as hydration goes watching a couple on the bay, tho a guy at work has just bought one from the local army surplus store for £15 so i'll have a look at his and see if its any good. I do want one with a bit of storage space tho for extra layers/tools/spare inner tube etc. So we shall see :cool:

ust realised this ride is on a Saturday. Damm I open the shop on Saturday. To do this I would have to close. Why ot arrange these rides on Sunday's?

letmetalktomark":gps94t50 said:
This seems a bargain considering you get a 2l bladder.

May be a bit bigger than you guys were after but if you don't fill it all the way up .......

Bargain too considering if you call up Merlin (you can do this via the web too) they will give you the additional 10% off over the phone & no P&P

Makes it circa £30

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop ... HK9015.htm

Bit the bullet and bought one of these this morning, got the last charcoal one, £30 delivered. Was quite happy with that hopefully will be here with enough time for me to have a couple of test rides with it.

Andy B have pm'd you about a suitable time for me to pop round to sort out rear mech, thanks again for your offer of help :D

Back