DISK BRAKES, CABLE PULL or HYDRAULIC, brilliant aren't they

1 LEVER: BOTH CALIPERS (HOSE SPLITTER/T PIECE)

Here is a thought, for the less able amongst us (1 armed MTBers, not that I've ever seen any).

ONE BRAKE LEVER pulls both FRONT & REAR Hydraulic Calipers:
Hydraulic%20Splitter~T%20Piece%20Magura%20big-twins.jpg

(Made possible with HOSE SPLITTER/T PIECE, held on with hose olive unions as usual)
Hydraulic%20Brake%20Hose%20Splitter%20L_TT_Splitter_Sil.jpg
Hydraulic%20Brake%20Olives%20~%20Tektro.jpg

BASICALLY:
1 HYDRAULIC BRAKE LEVER
2 HYDRAULIC CALIPERs WITH HOSES
1 HYDRAULIC HOSE SPLITTER (Looks like "Triangle" or "T")
283137_242547495768640_100000401736733_786027_368532_n.jpg

I wonder if the lever FORCE/FEEL is affected? That 1 lever pulling all those Calipers (x2) ? Or "IF" you ever needed to bleed your brake(s), this might be more ackward.
Neo%20guns.jpg
281212_242547385768651_100000401736733_786023_7431047_n.jpg

Or perhaps in real life there is little or negliable difference in stopping distance, for an already disabled person in comparison to just using 1 brake. But since brake bias can't be adjusted by left & right when riding, presume stopping distance will always greater, in comparison to fully able persons of comparative size (Even despite the disabled person weighing less because missing one arm, eg Gravity/Momentum: Lesser weight takes less force to stop)

http://www.pedicabshop.com/shop/spare-p ... rakes.html

info@pedicabshop.com

Re: 1 LEVER: BOTH CALIPERS (HOSE SPLITTER/T PIECE)

srands":rdhn74ss said:
Here is a thought, for the less able amongst us (1 armed MTBers, not that I've ever seen any).

ONE BRAKE LEVER pulls both FRONT & REAR Hydraulic Calipers:
Hydraulic%20Splitter~T%20Piece%20Magura%20big-twins.jpg

(Made possible with HOSE SPLITTER/T PIECE, held on with hose olive unions as usual)
Hydraulic%20Brake%20Olives%20~%20Tektro.jpg

BASICALLY:
1 HYDRAULIC BRAKE LEVER
2 HYDRAULIC CALIPERs WITH HOSES
1 HYDRAULIC HOSE SPLITTER (Looks like "Triangle" or "T")
283137_242547495768640_100000401736733_786027_368532_n.jpg

I wonder if the lever FORCE/FEEL is affected? That 1 lever pulling all those Calipers (x2) ? Or "IF" you ever needed to bleed your brake(s), this might be more ackward.
Neo%20guns.jpg
281212_242547385768651_100000401736733_786023_7431047_n.jpg

Or perhaps in real life there is little or negliable difference in stopping distance, for an already disabled person in comparison to just using 1 brake. But since brake bias can't be adjusted by left & right when riding, presume stopping distance will always greater, in comparison to fully able persons of comparative size (Even despite the disabled person weighing less because missing one arm, eg Gravity/Momentum: Lesser weight takes less force to stop)

http://www.pedicabshop.com/shop/spare-p ... rakes.html

info@pedicabshop.com

You did read the blurb on the link you posted, didn't you?
No, you can't have from the sentence in bold in your quoted post above.

It's for a TRICYCLE, there's a caliper for each side, it's not intended for front and rear on a BICYCLE.

See how I put in capitals and even made them bold so you'll feel at home.

OK mate, I thought it was for a VW or FORD, or something....

OK mate, I thought it was for a VW or FORD, VOYAGER, ENTERPRISE, FIAT PANDA, or something....

Right well anyway, a caliper mount is a caliper mount.
And handlebars are handlebars.
Hose length, well cut them down if too long, then use some new compatible olive unions to fit the HOSE SPLITTER (Aka "T" piece, union or Triangle).

Still a serious suggestion for disabled persons so don't be so hostile that isn't very civil, EO or evolutionary thinking on your behalf is it.

Well anyway, hydraulic 1 lever 2 calipers, should less friction, then a CABLE PULL alternative, wouldn't want the rider getting fatigue from having too use much force.

Maybe if you didn't pepper your posts with random capitals or in bold, and scatter totally irrelevant photos from the Matrix through them, you might be taken more seriously.
We can read and understand the written word without having the important bits emphasized for us.

My father-in-law managed just fine on a bike with one arm, didn't have a problem slowing down. Mind you he only used a road bike.
Would think that anybody with one arm on an MTB would likely have other problems with controlling the bike off-road that would come before needing disc-brakes to slow down.

I'm sure I've seen stuff about a guy MTB'ing with one arm, do what you normally do for your posts, Google away and find out how he does it.

Right... How graphic, and jovial , to an infant level..

Right, don't have a heart attack, I get your graphic message, you thought it was antagonistic, that would be juvenile/jovial to an atomic level of an amoeba. Who would resort to that, not me.

Anyway I'm sure many of us, the only concern we/I have the following day is that our/my car will start (Well charge doesn't last forever).

For people with mobility/disability issues I'm sure they have more to consider then is their car battery fully charged, more like cycle shop ridicule to their enquiries (Well makes a change to fat pensioners asking if the top end model hardtails and/or full suspension models can take their weight, well you could change the spring to something stiffer if it's coil, or get a different air shock, that is harder dear).

There is something that has been bothering me for a some time and I have been giving it much thought over the last few weeks and I now feel able to talk about it freely without holding anything back as I think in these situations you have to be truthful with others if you want them to be truthful with you as this is the way you should lead your life to gain the most from it and to appreciate what is going on around you to get a full rounded life experience that will stand you in good stead as your life unfolds before you on the path that you have chosen to make your way in this world so I never thought I would be writing this for everyone to see which is not in my nature to do as I am normally quite reticent about talking about what most people would consider to be their own innermost thoughts that do not ever get given the light of day that can then be seen by everyone else as being what has never been discussed before and is now out in the open for discussion by the very people that it has been hidden from for a long time so let me know your thoughts on this most controversial of subjects that affects us all every day in our daily lives so much that we do not even realise that it is happening to us daily every day.

OK, let me leave it there as a talking point for you all because to go any deeper into this will quite simply make the discussion pointless.

Back