Penicuik Estate Exploration

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Anyone fancy a wee mtb exploration of the Penicuik Estate which is a small wooded private estate to the west of Penicuik, Midlothian this weekend.

The estate hosted mtb races BITD and has numerous paths through the woods around the river valley that comprises the estate.

I've checked out various sections and have dragged ZZ, Mikee and RobMac around sections of it but there is probably more than I've seen.

Thought it might be nice to meet up in the visitors carpark and have a wee explore. Parkings free and visitors to the grounds are welcome. Penicuik itself is less than a mile away with shops, cafes and pubs etc.

Any interest ?

getting the loft ready for new insulation being fitted ,sadly i'm out

for those that havent ridden there ,its a great day out even on the
main trails we rode , and as velo says there is a shit load of stuff we only rode past ,nice drum/blairadam looking trails especially down the river valley bit

go you know you want too

would love to Velo but im out on sat night so will have a hangover on sunday!

away next 2 weekends as well so gettin out the now is a nightmare.

hopefully get a run with you, Mike and Rob in Blairadam soon!

Would love to velo but I need to do stuff at the house again as I am away the following weekend with my local group.

I raced there once BITD and it was probably my favourite XC race with fern terrace decents (huge muddy steps) and very tight single track cut through the trees, a really fast course.

Looks like me on my tod, no matter its just a recon anyway, I dont know if any or all of the trails are rideable at the moment anyway :D

Back