Need advice : buying a digital camera

That delay is often caused by the camera writing to the card. Less of an issue in the modern cameras but can still be too long to tolerate. Speak to the guys in the camera shop you are buying from about this if it is a major concern. And make sure you go to a shop where the staff know what they are talking about, even if you do end up buying online!

worth noting that Jessops have always (in the past atleast) price matched online retailers. That way you can get a full demo of the products and also get them at the price you want from a retailer which usually knows what they are talking about (unlike currys and the rest).

well I ended up taking some advice (it's only 7.1 mp), but not other (it takes xD cards) and even went against my own wish for good quality video (well it does 30fps but only for 10 seconds at a time :roll: ).... after seeing ededwards' one I bought the Olympus Mju 790.

This is because only reason I am getting a new camera was because the old one had got so much sand and water in it from family holidays and had been dropped loads that it just gave up the ghost. The Mju 790 is water resistant to 3 metres and shock proof to 1.5 meters. It's immediate predecessor (the 770) came out well on the gadget show I seem to recall as well.

So there we are :D

orange71":351dlorh said:
well I ended up taking some advice (it's only 7.1 mp), but not other (it takes xD cards) and even went against my own wish for good quality video (well it does 30fps but only for 10 seconds at a time :roll: ).... after seeing ededwards' one I bought the Olympus Mju 790.

This is because only reason I am getting a new camera was because the old one had got so much sand and water in it from family holidays and had been dropped loads that it just gave up the ghost. The Mju 790 is water resistant to 3 metres and shock proof to 1.5 meters. It's immediate predecessor (the 770) came out well on the gadget show I seem to recall as well.

So there we are :D

I use an MJU - an older 410 - pretty cool to not have to worry about it getting sweaty or raining when its in your jersey pocket :)

I know everyone's got a "don't go to..." story, but...

...don't go to Jessops. I've lost count of the amount of times I've returned faulty stuff and they've just accepted it back no questions asked (which is great in one way - but not so great for the next guy, when it goes straight back on the shelf).

returned a £1800.00 lens there a couple of years back because it was scratched on the rear element and they didn't even open the box. I could've put a brick in it and kept it!

And I watched it go straight back onto the shelf, even when I said it should go back to Canon.

They couldn't give a sh*t.

warehouseexpress.com

Good service. THE cheapest usually. Or your local camera shop (if you can find one). Give them a chance over the monopolising Jessops.

Latest posts

Back