Marin 1990 Bear Valley Rebuild - FINISHED !!! PAGE 38 !!!

Peter, I remember selling you a blue bottle cage exactly like that one for your Pro-Flex build (erm, time to get that out of the loft? ;) ), is this the same one that you have recoloured in black or are they just a bit of a favourite for you?

Amazing attention to detail, very well done,If I could build a bike a quarter as good as that I would be very happy :mrgreen:

My only personal feeling is the tyres,I would not have chosen Slicks and kept off road tyres ,but other wise flawless

Just my 2p worth

Great job
:D

development_cycle":1auxtug7 said:
Peter, I remember selling you a blue bottle cage exactly like that one for your Pro-Flex build (erm, time to get that out of the loft? ;) ), is this the same one that you have recoloured in black or are they just a bit of a favourite for you?

They are a favourite of the family ;-)

The blue one was a MTB version (a bit more chunky) and destined for the white / blue proflex build. The black one on my Marin is a road version I bought BITD (for the Marin), passed onto my brother for it to live outside for about six years before I claimed it back :D

Dad had a pastel pink and yellow MTB one (they are made from two sections) which we don't seem to be able to find at the moment :-( I also missed a white MTB one on here the other day :-(

They are quite light, they hold a bottle well, I have never seen a broken one, they don't fade in the sun and clean up to look like new :cool:

WD :D

theredchili":2v7ouaf8 said:
Amazing attention to detail, very well done,If I could build a bike a quarter as good as that I would be very happy :mrgreen:

My only personal feeling is the tyres,I would not have chosen Slicks and kept off road tyres ,but other wise flawless

Just my 2p worth

Great job

Thank you :cool:

I know what you mean about the tyres but it's for road use only now so an easy choice - the only thing I 'might' be tempted with would be a modern day version of the 1.5" hardpacks I had BITD i.e. thin, small knobs, high pressure etc (but I still want black wall ;-))

WD Pro":wz2vtcf8 said:
theredchili":wz2vtcf8 said:

Just my 2p worth

Great job

Thank you :cool:

I know what you mean about the tyres but it's for road use only now so an easy choice - the only thing I 'might' be tempted with would be a modern day version of the 1.5" hardpacks I had BITD i.e. thin, small knobs, high pressure etc (but I still want black wall ;-))

Be nice to see a pic with different tyres just to see how it would look.
Don't blame you for using it on the road only ! :cool:

That's put a big smile on my face, especially being able to finally see the bike in one whole picture!

Top work fella, looks like a great ride.

Incredible attention to detail. Excuse my newbness but do the rim collars convert from Schrader to Presta sized valves?

Back